A little dated - Battlestar Galactica Questions

Double T

Sr Member
Heya folks,

Being on the cutting edge of costuming that I am, I've recently come across a set of the 2004 BSG BDUs (fan made, I'm not that lucky!) and an Anovos pistol belt. However, a lot of reference is old, photos in threads are no longer around, websites have disappeared, and my Google-fu has been weak on this. So, I'm turning to all of you for help.

I'm looking for the following information:
  • What kind of boots work best for this costume?
  • What goes into the pouches on the gun belt?
  • Which gun would be easiest/most inexpensive to put together? Even if built off a soft air gun?

I think this is a good start. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, folks.

i know one of the guns was based of a FN 57

3868900130_01_low_098701845_1643_240810.png BSGNew2005Pistol.jpg

Oh yeah... it couldn't be something that I could find an inexpensive airsoft of, could it? Heck, at this point, I just want a handle sticking out of the holster, since it's not advisable to pull them out, anyway. I can make it accurate later.

Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone else? Yeah, I know BSG isn't really "in" any more, but I could use the help!

Oh yeah... it couldn't be something that I could find an inexpensive airsoft of, could it? Heck, at this point, I just want a handle sticking out of the holster, since it's not advisable to pull them out, anyway. I can make it accurate later.

Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone else? Yeah, I know BSG isn't really "in" any more, but I could use the help!

I picked up a FN-57 from MegaCon a few years ago. It's an electric one, and it costed me $30. I don't know if its still available (I haven't been able to locate one online). There's also a CO2 Gas Blowback Pistol version that's available, but that's about $140+

Or, if you have the patience and time, you could always do a Season 1 blaster out of foam mats. Jake Kassnoff actually made one for his Hey Jake, Whatcha Makin'? comedic skit series, which you can see here. You can check out his other tutorials to see how he uses foam mats to create some rather impressive props.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the pattern that Punished Props did of the season 1 gun, and I'm working on that, but I like having a backup plan! ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back