A good alternative for Latex?

Barren216

Hi, Sorry if this was talked about. I saw the leather thread but I was wondering if there were any success stories on using an alternative skin similar to the latex method?

See I'd really like to make a bad ass Pred costume before my girlfriend's halloween party, only problem is: Her cousin is deathly allergic to latex...So ya if any suggestions of success would be very very appreciated. Whether it's possible or not I'll be making a latex costume anyways, just won't wear it for the halloween party B)

im doin a suit made from a spandex unitard.then use non toxic water based contact cement(as latex) and paper towel and cotton and what not to build your muscles and shape.not quit as flexible but paint adherse well!cheap alternative possibly

I cannot remember the member, but one person used the spandex unitard (as mentioned ^) over a mannequin and then used his airbrush to paint the skin colors and designs, for the head you could use a small freestyle helmet with a bio attached to the front and then attach the dreads to the back of that. Create your own armor and there ya go, no latex used.

Hi, Sorry if this was talked about. I saw the leather thread but I was wondering if there were any success stories on using an alternative skin similar to the latex method?

See I'd really like to make a bad ass Pred costume before my girlfriend's halloween party, only problem is: Her cousin is deathly allergic to latex...So ya if any suggestions of success would be very very appreciated. Whether it's possible or not I'll be making a latex costume anyways, just won't wear it for the halloween party B)

I didn't use any latex at all, just painted the cloth skin directly. I live in Florida, so latexing (and therefore heat-sealing) the suit just didn't strike me as a very healthful idea.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have that "shine" that latex skin does. I've wracked my brains trying to think of something that would give that shiny look but still let body heat out---couldn't think of a damn thing.

One thing I think I would check out if I were to do it again, though, would be to try putting a coat of that "pebble-texture" spray paint on the entire skin before painting the colors on. That might make it look more "skin-y" and less "cloth-y".

"Check out cujo66's thread on his families' suits."

I read through his thread, and have read through pages of stuff on these boards, but I cannot find where he got his suit! I sent him a PM (honestly its only been a day, so please forgive my impatience) and I have searched the interweb and the only thing I could find it a zentai suit. Not too sure about those. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

had another friend direct me to a similar site...apparently searching for "bodysuit" and "unitard" makes all the difference!
Thanks!

I just purchased a full suit from another Lair member (Calpred1) and the skin is a cotton spandex bodysuit with a hood, seems like the paint used worked well, is hand washable, and so much more comfortable than latex. The armor is AVP so a good portion of the skin is covered anyways!

This guy did a wicked paintup on a lycra body suit.

I think it looks pretty awesome.

Here is another potential place to buy a unitard type suit: morphsuits
I think you can get them with or without the face hood.

I can't find a local supplier of Latex, and the weather is starting to get cold so I don;t want to order some and risk having it freeze, so I'm excited to hear of other options as well. Keep em coming everyone!

Good luck.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back