A couple of Goonies Prop Ideas...

Imahomer

I just finished watching the Goonies, with an eye towards possible props. I spotted two things that I sure wouldn't mind having, both involving some leather and/or sewing work.

The first is Mikies' leather marble bag. It looks to be a bit bigger than a standard marble bag, but I'd think it should be pretty simple to make. It looks to be probably made of leather.

The second is one eyed Willies eye patch. To me it looks like it's made of either leather, or some sort of thick, aged material with pearls sewn on.

Mike

Looks like dried up leather.

one-eyed-willy-goonies.jpg

I'll go along with leather. I know when Mikie lifts the patch to look behind it, the patch seems pretty thick.

The marble bag has a Marble King name and logo on it. I've spent a lot of time with google and Ebay looking for something close, but no luck so far. In the begining of the Goonies there is a pretty good shot of the marble bag. Hopefully someone can post a photo of it.

Mike

The marble bag has a Marble King name and logo on it. I've spent a lot of time with google and Ebay looking for something close, but no luck so far. In the begining of the Goonies there is a pretty good shot of the marble bag. Hopefully someone can post a photo of it.

Mike
spent an hour on the phone with marble king
they keep no records on the bags
and at present have the bags made in batches out of no particular material .... just whatever the seemstress has available.
nice people who just do not care that the pouch was in the film and have no desire to make a bag like it. also made it pretty clear that they would take offense at silkscrrening their logo on an aftermarket pouch.
unless i had a thousand or more made.... than they would set it up for me.
also they said i was the only person to ever call and ask..... odd.

the logo is the exact one that is all over the marble king site
really it is a no brainer.
some fabric some eyelets and an iron on bada boom bada bing 15 mins pass and ya got a marblebag.
i was just hoping to get one from the company for the cool factor

You can see the marble bag twice in the film (begining and end), but the best shot of it is in the begining.

Could you not have said yes, but that you need some prototypes sent to you so that you could see that they matched the screenused one. Then when you get them you tell them that you made a mistake and it was not their company that made the screenused one :)

/Conny

spent an hour on the phone with marble king
they keep no records on the bags
and at present have the bags made in batches out of no particular material .... just whatever the seemstress has available.
nice people who just do not care that the pouch was in the film and have no desire to make a bag like it. also made it pretty clear that they would take offense at silkscrrening their logo on an aftermarket pouch.
unless i had a thousand or more made.... than they would set it up for me.
also they said i was the only person to ever call and ask..... odd.

I'm glad I'm obviously not the only one who thought the marble bag (w/ a few fake jewels and rubies) was a good idea. You can count me interested if anyone ever decided to do a run of these. (or the eye patch)

For my collection, I've also added a Primatene Mist inhaler. Add a bit of dirt and dust and you're ready to go. :)

mental note: do not accept commissions from contec... kidding!
they were really nice on the phone just not interested at all not even one iota.
perhaps if we had several members from all points on the globe call them we could convince them to do a run complete with all the marbles that get thrown out in lieu of gems.
sort of a 25 anniversary limited edition goonies marble set

I'm seeing about having the patch made up. If that works out, then I'll see about having the marble bag produced.

Mike

OK, so go out and buy some iron on transfer paper, print this file and make yourself a little cloth bag. Problem solved.

thomas;)

marblekingironon.jpg

just picked up a lot of Marble King marbles from the 70s-80s. 100 marbles! If some other fan wants authentic MK marbles for their Goonies display, speak up. First one gets the 50 I don't want for $7 shipped in the US.

thomas;)

anyone is working on a marble bag ? what would be the estimated size of such a bag ? anyone has anymore good pictures / screengrabs of this bag please ?

~ Stefan Jones

Great work, darthinvictus !

Here is my version of the Marble King Bag. Its not totally screen accurate, but is pretty close to the original size. the hardest thing for me was to find the marbles, even so I was playing a lot with marbles when I was young, I had no single one left from the old days and I had to buy some original MarbleKing marbles on ebay :$

GooniesMarbleKingReplicaBag.jpg

here is the original screenshot again for comparison:

MarbleKingoriginalscreenshot.png

best

Stefan Jones

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back