A Clockwork Orange — Beethoven Mini-Cassette

Great job replicating the graphics on the case and cassette. Microcassettes were in fact used as a music format and are almost identical to Minicassettes, although they never became popular. Around 1979 the Type IV "metal cassette" was invented, using metal tape to provide superior sound quality. A few companies thought that the new format would lend enough fidelity to the microcassette form factor to make them suitable for playing music, and a number of tapes and high end players were produced by Sony, Sanyo, Fisher, and a couple of other companies.

Commercially-released music on this format is rare, but does exist. Here are a few pictures of this obscure little medium.

Again, great project! Just to be clear, this is not intented as a criticism of your build. Just some (possibly unnecessary!) background info about how life imitated art.

View attachment 663829 View attachment 663827 View attachment 663830
Also, popping in to say that there was indeed a brief push to put microcassette in the home as a music format. I have most of the tapes, actually. along with countless custom ones.
20211222_185614.jpg20211227_095011.jpg

View attachment 1362776

Ever since I first saw A Clockwork Orange, I've been interested in getting my hands on the mini-cassette that Alex plays in his bedroom.

After doing some research, I learned that mini-cassettes have never been used as music format, and have only ever been intended for voice recording storage. The Beethoven mini-cassette seen in the film must have been a custom-made prop.

I tracked down some vintage Norelco brand blank mini-cassettes (they are identical to the mini-cassettes used in the film, unlike some other tape brands) and recreated the case cover art and tape label to be as screen-accurate as possible. And after some very meticulous and careful cutting and pasting, my replica was complete:

View attachment 1362777

Mine:

View attachment 1362778

Screenshot from the film:

View attachment 1362779

Mine:

View attachment 1362780

View attachment 1362781

If anyone would like the 600dpi printable files for the cover art and label, please PM me your email address.
freeballinitup@gmail.com

View attachment 1362776

Ever since I first saw A Clockwork Orange, I've been interested in getting my hands on the mini-cassette that Alex plays in his bedroom.

After doing some research, I learned that mini-cassettes have never been used as music format, and have only ever been intended for voice recording storage. The Beethoven mini-cassette seen in the film must have been a custom-made prop.

I tracked down some vintage Norelco brand blank mini-cassettes (they are identical to the mini-cassettes used in the film, unlike some other tape brands) and recreated the case cover art and tape label to be as screen-accurate as possible. And after some very meticulous and careful cutting and pasting, my replica was complete:

View attachment 1362777

Mine:

View attachment 1362778

View attachment 1362779

Mine:

View attachment 1362780

View attachment 1362781

If anyone would like the 600dpi printable files for the cover art and label, please PM me your email address.
I would like the files my email is lroyordy@gmail.com

View attachment 1362776

View attachment 1362777

Mine:

View attachment 1362778

View attachment 1362779

Mine:

View attachment 1362780

View attachment 1362781

View attachment 1362776

View attachment 1362777

Mine:

View attachment 1362778

View attachment 1362779

Mine:

View attachment 1362780

View attachment 1362781

Would you kindly email me a copy of your pdf for the Clockwork Orange artwork. Regards Adrian

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back