80s memories

Awesome. I had the Big Trax and the Starbird as well. Also had the Godzilla with tongue flicking action and firing rocket launcher fists(?)!!!

Also added this to my Lazer Tag collection a few years ago. It's in perfect working condition too. Hmm, black and olive paintjob and a grenade launcher and it could look like a future version of a Pulse Rifle!

Attachments

• 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 313
:lol Yeah the Russians were always invading our neighborhood. To add to that, the entire neighborhood would be playing with toy guns, without orange tips, and we all turned out normal!

I think we were unaware of issues back then because we were kids. I recall the one day our teacher came in an said she needed to talk to us, all somber and stuff.
We had lost an older student at the school who was playing Laser Tag. He was playing at night with friends and someone called police because they saw someone creeping in the shadows. When the cops arrived, they were poking around the houses and the boy thought it was his friend, so he jumped out and fired his laser pistol and the cop reacted. He didn't know it was a kid playing, he was just startled by someone jumping out pointing what looked like a gun. So that was the late 70's and I just recall that was the first time in my life I had heard of that and the teacher warned us kids about the dangers of playing with fake/toy guns.

We always played lasertag in the back yard so we didnt have to worry about that too much. I don't have my original set but I did score some off ebay in box about 10 years ago which my kids play with now because, why not? In the back yard however... We had some really great toys, GI joe, ghostbusters, transformers, yes even GOBOTS.

One thing I wish they still sold are micro-machines, those were so cool.

What I love about the 1980s cartoons was that they had ROCKIN' theme songs.

M.A.S.K. - Mobile Armored Strike Kommand:

ThunderCats:

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe:

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors:

The Real Ghostbusters (I know this is a bit of a cheat, but I just don't care. It's awesome):

Last edited by a moderator:
our first person shooter games where two rubberband guns, safety goggles and shedloads of rubberbands. bet our grandma loved us for that :)

UK 80's memories: Wacaday with Timmy Mallet, Rod Hull & Emu (Grotbags creeped me out), Gordon the Gopher (I've still got one somewhere), Why Don't You,Grange Hill, Rentaghost, my Amstrad CPC 464 (and later the 6128), J.R. Hartley, Tony Hart and Morph, Knightmare... I could go on.

i got a couple to add just off the top of my head.......

sr-71
sr71.jpg

black cat fireworks
Firecrackers blackcat.jpg

snoopy snow cone machine
snoopy sno cone machine.jpg

boglins

boglins-lineup.png

and scratch n sniff stickers
scratch'n'sniff.jpg

Oh yeah, Boglins! I had two of those. Took one apart just to get the eye mechanism out. The other orange one I kept for years! It finally deteriorated and hit the trash bin just about a year ago......still kept the eyes, tho!!

My 80s memory...garage sales where you could buy just about anything from toys from the 1920s-1970s to military surplus, archery equipment, costume items, weaponry(my parents bought my sworrds, knives, etc. I think even my first bullwhip came from a rummage sale). All for a nickel to about 20 bucks for a lawn mower powered Golden Pinto mini bike.
It was so much better before the days of ebay and antiques roadshow drove the prices up.

Garbage pail kids, madballs, hit sticks. And baseball cards, lot and lots of baseball cards.

Baseball cards...with the gum stick covered in some kind of preservative powder...which I'm certain if buried in a time capsule 28 years ago would still taste the same today...like a tasty piece of cardboard that lasts about 15 seconds before you spit it out! Sometimes the gum would break into pieces in my mouth with only my saliva and teeth capable of reconfiguring it into the ball it should be.
Oh the memories!!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back