Definitely not that great of a film. Rough CGI moments here and there, sadly no up to date dinos with feathers. Not a fan of the ending either.
What do you mean by up to date dinos, those weren't even remotely scientifically accurate dinosaurs, feathers or no feathers. As a big dinosaur buff, I did not recognize a single species of dinosaur in that movie, they were just movie monsters and adding feathers wouldn't have done anything. Besides, not all dinosaurs are believed to have feathers, the dromaeosaurs and other maniraptorans, but it's highly debatable whether the large carnivorous theropods like the Allosaurs, Carcharodontids, Tyrannosaurids, Spinosaurids, etc. were feathered or not, the smaller more bscal members of those clades quite possibly were alon with the young of the more derived forms but it's considered unlikely that the adult forms of the more derived forms would have been. And there's certainly been no evidence of sauropods, ceratopsians, hadrosaurs, and other vegetarian dinosaurs having been feathered either.

I like how it only took minutes for the Cretaceous Period to end. It's like a 5th grader's interpretation of how the extinction took place.

I like how it only took minutes for the Cretaceous Period to end. It's like a 5th grader's interpretation of how the extinction took place.
I just took it as dramatic license, there really wasn't enough time to show the end of the Cretaceous in real time, Plus, it works since the movie took place right at the epicenter of the meteor crash, so the effects there are going to be immediate and very dramatic. That, and I was never 100% certain that the planet was really Cretaceous Earth, even if it was heavily implied that it was.

What do you mean by up to date dinos, those weren't even remotely scientifically accurate dinosaurs, feathers or no feathers. As a big dinosaur buff, I did not recognize a single species of dinosaur in that movie, they were just movie monsters and adding feathers wouldn't have done anything. Besides, not all dinosaurs are believed to have feathers, the dromaeosaurs and other maniraptorans, but it's highly debatable whether the large carnivorous theropods like the Allosaurs, Carcharodontids, Tyrannosaurids, Spinosaurids, etc. were feathered or not, the smaller more bscal members of those clades quite possibly were alon with the young of the more derived forms but it's considered unlikely that the adult forms of the more derived forms would have been. And there's certainly been no evidence of sauropods, ceratopsians, hadrosaurs, and other vegetarian dinosaurs having been feathered either.
I'd quite like to see a feathered Brontosaurus :p

That was my point... Hence the "no" ;)

That would have been the only highlight of this movie. Even a Brontosaurus with fluffy fur and a thick gold necklace would have been better.
I actually liked the movie. It was an exciting action movie, something that I was able to just sit back and enjoy for what it was. About the thing that I didn't like was how the trailers all strongly suggested that the planet was Earth, as did the movie itself, to a degree, despite it clearly not being Earth since none of the critters bore any resemblance to actual dinosaurs that we know of. But otherwise, I enjoyed it. Call me low brow but sometimes it's not to just watch something that's kind of mindless and is just a big roller coaster ride, to my wife and I, not every movie needs to deep and philosophical and get you really thinking about it and the things in it. Not every movie needs to be an Oppenheimer to be enjoyable.

I actually liked the movie. It was an exciting action movie, something that I was able to just sit back and enjoy for what it was. About the thing that I didn't like was how the trailers all strongly suggested that the planet was Earth, as did the movie itself, to a degree, despite it clearly not being Earth since none of the critters bore any resemblance to actual dinosaurs that we know of. But otherwise, I enjoyed it. Call me low brow but sometimes it's not to just watch something that's kind of mindless and is just a big roller coaster ride, to my wife and I, not every movie needs to deep and philosophical and get you really thinking about it and the things in it. Not every movie needs to be an Oppenheimer to be enjoyable.

I just wish the film didn't take itself so seriously. I wouldn't mind if they junked the family drama as well as the redemption/bonding arc with the orphan and just leaned hard into the "man+guns vs. dinos" angle.

Snakes on a Plane is a fun movie. If SoaP tried to be a serious drama, it would have been a complete bore.

65 doesn't need to go full Sharknado, but a bit of SoaP would have hit the right note IMO.

Last edited:
That would have been the only highlight of this movie. Even a Brontosaurus with fluffy fur and a thick gold necklace would have been better.
You mean something like this?

1701285732691.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back