Eddie Van Halen died at 65 from cancer

One of the best lead guitarist in the world...man, imagine the jam they're having upstairs! RIP Mr. van Halen.

Running with the devil still stands IMHO as one of the best rock songs ever written. That entire first album is something very special.

IMG_3958.jpg

On a side note I saw a story where Sammy Hagar said he and Eddie made up a year or so ago and had been talking regularly. They didn't want to announce it because the fans would assume that meant they would do concerts or something.

Two years already....this time stuff is really flying....I sure wish a day at work went that fast.
You think about it, we're already creeping up on 3 years, this next March, since covid really hit everwhere.
Its kinda scary.

Two years already....this time stuff is really flying....I sure wish a day at work went that fast.
You think about it, we're already creeping up on 3 years, this next March, since covid really hit everwhere.
Its kinda scary.
Saw a quote the other day saying that you have about four thousand weeks of life:eek:...and when you hit 80, you might count on maybe another 10 years:(

Saw a quote the other day saying that you have about four thousand weeks of life:eek:...and when you hit 80, you might count on maybe another 10 years:(
Yeah, kinda scary. My Grandpa on my Moms side will be 95 next March, so at least hes beaten that. But, we all know any day the family can get that call.

A sad fact: Due to the reference to him in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Eddie stated that he would have loved to have been in the film if he had been asked to. When it comes to Bill & Ted Face The Music, the producers wanted Eddie to be in the film. Instead of Dave Grohl's house that Future Bill and Future Ted break into in order to deceived present day Bill and Ted, it was originally meant to be Eddie Van Halen's house. The producers got in contact with his agent, and the agent refused, not giving any explanations why, leading them to offer Dave Grohl the cameo instead. It wasn't until later when his death was reported did the producers learn that his health had been declining at the time they had offered the cameo.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back