$400 off Master Replicas Darth Vader Limited Edition Helmet

Mine hasn't processed either and I ordered about 6 a.m. EST on Saturday...

I heard back from customer service this morning, and I gather there will be more orders processed by early next week... So I guess we wait and see. The waiting, without knowing, is the worst part...

Incidentally, do you mean 6AM EDT?

Eastern Standard Time....

Yeah this wait game is killing me...and making me question if I really should have tried to buy this in the first place!

Eastern Standard Time....

Yeah this wait game is killing me...and making me question if I really should have tried to buy this in the first place!

How curious. Why do you EST during the Daylight Savings months? Are you based outside the US, and if so, what are the conventions there?

As far as the other... Meh. No sense in questioning whether or not it was right to try and buy it -- it is a great prop, I'm told, and the price was too good to pass up. Pulling the trigger, as they say, was a no brainer.

This experience is actually making me question more the obsessive quality of collecting... The hobby indulges an attention to detail and encourages a kind of fanaticism, but it also has a tendency to blow out of proportion what should be relatively minor disappointments.

Edit: And in other news, my status has updated to Payment Pending. A few other people who were waiting have had that change also, so perhaps there is hope?

Last edited:
my status has updated to Payment Pending as well, i thikn we made the cut (they wouldnt do that unless they actually were going to charge it).

they made all the calls, if you didnt get called, you get the le...
the others are offered to buy the se for 799-.

A good deal considering, however, the people buying the le for 499 proably wouldnt shell out the extra dough for the signatures...

A good deal considering, however, the people buying the le for 499 proably wouldnt shell out the extra dough for the signatures...

Agreed... After all, if they were willing to buy the helmet for 799, they probably already would have.

I'm up to Pending Shipment! A nice ending to a turbulent week.

Lingarn

Exactly, I would like to get the helmet, but $300 extra for 2 signatures is a little steep. I really could care less about those since I already have them. I can't believe anyone would have originally paid $600 extra for those, crazy.

Because of my finances I almost didn't order the LE at $500, so $800 is probably out of the question. :(

Exactly, I would like to get the helmet, but $300 extra for 2 signatures is a little steep. I really could care less about those since I already have them. I can't believe anyone would have originally paid $600 extra for those, crazy.

Because of my finances I almost didn't order the LE at $500, so $800 is probably out of the question. :(
almost as crazy IMHO as the guys with the han falcon SE

Man, I wish I would've been able to get in on that deal, that's an awesome price and I've been looking at that helmet for a while. I gotta agree though on the signature thing, esp. on the falcon.

What I would've liked is a plaque with Joe Johnston, Lorne Peterson, and the rest of those in the model shop who were most involved in making the studio Falcons, I'm sure they would've been happy to do it.

i got mine from Toynk off ebay a sig Ed with haydens sig for total shipped of 733.
'Course, ebay's a total crapshoot - unless it's a Buy It Now, you could get lucky and get a steal, or pay through the nose if you GOTTA have something...

The SE that MR is offering for 799 is the dual sig version, however, not the single sig that you bought - the dual has James Earl Jones...

At least I don't have to make that decision now... :) My status is at "shipment pending" for the LE - woot!

it was a BIN auction. for like 705 then add the shippin charge. a few friends of mine have tried to get some rots lids too. one friend got a crap put together one witht he dome mount waaay off to one side, he got another as a replacement from MR, but its all screwed up too. thats why i was sayin, dont be surprised if theyre junky, cuz MR is now down to the rejects that were sent back, and they WILL try to unload them on unsuspecting consumers.

Last edited:
it was a BIN auction. for like 724 then add the shippin charge. a few friends of mine have tried to get some rots lids too. one friend got a crap put together one witht he dome mount waaay off to one side, he got another as a replacement from MR, but its all screwed up too. thats why i was sayin, dont be surprised if theyre junky, cuz MR is now down to the rejects that were sent back, and they WILL try to unload them on unsuspecting consumers.

A few people have reported receiving helmets that are perfectly fine, actually. I only know of one person who bought during this sale that got a bad one, and he has already sent in for a replacement.

So I don't think "MR is down to the rejects" is in fact accurate, though I guess I'll see first-hand soon enough. :)

Lingarn

cuz MR is now down to the rejects that were sent back, and they WILL try to unload them on unsuspecting consumers.

:confused Then why would most people who ordered during the Forum Month Special be getting "good" Vader helmets? MR will also refund your money if you're not happy with it.

MR would not send out rejects on purpose.

i dont know but i know a few people who have been getting theirs just recently, and have had flaws on them. one guy got one and the dome mount was twisted off to one side so bad, that when the dom,e was on, the middle band of the dome was over the eye on one side. the replacement he got for that lid the paint was all messed up really bad, malformed around one tusk tube, grill area lopsided, small cracks in the paint all over all 3 parts.etc...

and a couple others got bad quality lids recently too i know of.

thats the only reason i was simply sayin that dont be surprised if you get a bad lookin lid as it seems the last ones MR had may be, or seems to be possibly the rejects that folks sent back.

if alot of folk are getting good ones, thats great to hear, im happy they got a good one.

Last edited:
Well I received my Vader helmet today and it appears to be flawless. Words cannot express my happiness right now, I was never able to afford one at full price and even when I considered it I worried about getting a poor quality helmet.

thats great news. maybe they took the bad ones sent back, and fixed them, or maybe they just had a few good ones left. either way, thats good to hear you got a good lid. GRATS!!!

I just got mine in today :D

It comes free of scratches, drips, glue gobs and with full plaque/documentation. The worst thing about it was that the stand was missing one of the little plastic feet, but it had fallen off in the bag. ;)

Sure, DHL accidentally routed it to the wrong hub, but it was well worth the wait.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back