3D Spider

IndridColdx

Hey all
I'm planning on doing a Kaine Scarlet Spider and thought it would be a really nice effect to add a 3d spider on the chest area.
How do people do this? They print out the symbol on foam and cut it?
I read a guide awhile ago but cant find it anywhere now

Thanks!

A lot of people print a stencil and then trace it on a piece of urathane, and then cut it, or another option is 3D painting it on the fabric with multiple layers

Here's my method:

> Trace a line around the edge of your spider with puffy paint.
> Mix up a batch of DragonSkin 30 rubber, tinted black
> Carefully pour it into the spider.
> Let cure for 24 hours

The puffy paint line that you drew will act as a barrier wall to keep the silicone from running.

Here's my method:

> Trace a line around the edge of your spider with puffy paint.
> Mix up a batch of DragonSkin 30 rubber, tinted black
> Carefully pour it into the spider.
> Let cure for 24 hours

The puffy paint line that you drew will act as a barrier wall to keep the silicone from running.

Wow
Pouring it directly on the fabric is fine?

Going to necro this.
Don't think I can afford Dragon Skin, cant find any anywhere here.
Going over the symbol with a thin layer of Puff Paint is fine, right? As long as I go in sessions and put something very absorbant underneath?

For my classic spidey costume I had used a dark gray foam from a craft store. I really didn't like it, and it was the only part of my costume that didn't look amazing. I just replaced it last night with neoprene that I bought from a wetsuit repair store (I live near the ocean). It's about 3mm thick, and I was able to cut it (with a scissors) at an angle, so it's beveled on all edges. I then hand stitched this directly to my spandex, and it's stunning!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back