3D Printed Zorg ZF1

AGFRX7

Sr Member
Hey Everyone. I downloaded the Zorg ZF-1 shared on Thingiverse.com and figured I'd give it a shot. I learned that there are some things that are missing in the parts list but are included on the complete 3D model. I have been posting images on my instagram ( #aaronsarmory ) account and facebook page,but I figured that it's time that I share my progress here on the RPF

It takes about 92 pieces to put one of these together... and nearly 4 spools of 2kg filament.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
NO WAY! That's fantastic! That's MY model from GrabCAD! I knew that looked familiar!
https://grabcad.com/library/zorg-zf-1-1
Someone must have uploaded it to Thingiverse for printing! Looks pretty good! Did you print it yourself or have it done somewhere? Do the parts fit together well? what scale did you print it at? Wow sorry I'm excited! I havent had the means to print one of these myself yet but it's on my to-do list.

Your finish work is looking incredible! Can't wait to see progress/completion on this!

How much you want to print a copy for me??

NO WAY! That's fantastic! That's MY model from GrabCAD! I knew that looked familiar!
https://grabcad.com/library/zorg-zf-1-1
Someone must have uploaded it to Thingiverse for printing! Looks pretty good! Did you print it yourself or have it done somewhere? Do the parts fit together well? what scale did you print it at? Wow sorry I'm excited! I havent had the means to print one of these myself yet but it's on my to-do list.

Your finish work is looking incredible! Can't wait to see progress/completion on this!

How much you want to print a copy for me??

Let me first off say, thank you for rendering this gun. I've wanted it forever. The fella who converted it to 3d printable is John Wieger who operates the pepakura library group on Facebook. I'm not sure what scale he changed it to but it looks and feels about the proper size. I'm printing this at home on my makerbot replicator and it's taken about 3-4 spools of 2kg filament... it's a lot of gun lol. There are things that I will need to fix... like the rear portion of the gun is too wide and intersects with the vertical frame in the 3d model... so after I install the frame, I'll need to cut off sections so it'll fit and actually end up being part of the structure.

I wasn't planning on making any kits or anything because folks can buy a kit out there for $600 from Studio Creations, but since you're the artist who rendered it, PM me if you're interested.

Thank you for the compliments btw. I do my best.

What did you use to smooth out the surfaces?? I just did a print myself on another project I'm doing (on a friends home-built printer) and the surface was a pain to try and get smooth.

What did you use to smooth out the surfaces?? I just did a print myself on another project I'm doing (on a friends home-built printer) and the surface was a pain to try and get smooth.

I start off with 220 wet sanding to remove the lines, or I used Smooth-on XTC resin for other parts. Afterwards I used sandable filler primer, then used 320 wet sanding. Any other spot that still had lines, I used spot filler putty, sanded and then spray filler primer to seal. After that, it depended on the kind of finish I was going for (flat, satin, gloss, mirror). I would wet sand going from 320 all the way up to 1200 depending on the part. It's lots of steps but it allows you to really transform the object into whatever you want it to look like.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

All the parts are painted and ready to be assembled. Just waiting for the rocket decals and the blow torch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434063521.370577.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got the frame attached to the lower half last night, but had to stop because it was 1 am and I had to be at work by 8

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434132352.650642.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow this build is amazing. MWiggs that's a great model too. The print and finish are incredible. The paint job is amazing. Just all around beautiful. I never would have guessed this was a home printer. Real piece of art.

*Slow dramatic clapping*
That is truly spectacular! Beautiful work! Your finish work and paint job absolutely brings that thing to life! Kudos my friend you have accomplished something incredible.

What kind of printer do you use? :)
And how did you get the logo and lettering on the screen? I need to add some text like that to my build and have no clue how to start.

*Slow dramatic clapping*
That is truly spectacular! Beautiful work! Your finish work and paint job absolutely brings that thing to life! Kudos my friend you have accomplished something incredible.

What kind of printer do you use? :)
And how did you get the logo and lettering on the screen? I need to add some text like that to my build and have no clue how to start.

I swiped a screen shot of the little screen and sized it accordingly. I use a makerbot replicator 2.

Also, thank you to everyone for the compliments. I worked very hard at getting the finish to look right.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back