3D printed Robocop suit 1987 build- COMPLETE

AMAZING work. Ever thought about doing 3D files of Robocop's gun arm from Robocop 3? That would be AWESOME to be able to print out!

There's probably not enough info and specs out there to be able to create 3D files of it.

gunarm2.jpg

According to robocoparchive.com/info/gunarm.htm

The versatile gun arm featured a nine-millimeter Calico M950A machine gun, a fully operational missile launcher and a practical flamethrower capable of shooting a stream of fire one hundred feet. Rob Bottin and modelmaker Jim Belohovec was responsible for building the arm and attaching it and another team was responsible for making the flamethrower and launcher work. The actual design of the gun arm was made by RoboCop3 director Fred Dekker.

Last edited:
You know I never really was a fan of Robocop 3 it always felt so silly in comparison to the original. I don't think I would have any motivation to build any sort of prop from it. Although I do agree it was a pretty clever prop in and of itself. Anything with Rob Bottin is usually gold.

You know I never really was a fan of Robocop 3 it always felt so silly in comparison to the original. I don't think I would have any motivation to build any sort of prop from it. Although I do agree it was a pretty clever prop in and of itself. Anything with Rob Bottin is usually gold.

Yeah, 3 was the weakest entry in the trilogy. The decision to go PG-13 was not good. The gun arm and the jetpack are two positives.

Found some more gun arm files. These are a little cheaper. Looks like these are done by Twonightscinema. I don't know who did the ones on do3d.com

Re: 3D printed Robocop suit 1987 build

Thanks I really appreciate that. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your build.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Yes lots of sanding are going into the various parts which takes a lot of patience on my end. I'm coating with Duplicolor filler primer, also using Bondo spot glazing putty and Magic sculpt putty for the really rough parts. Multiple coats of that and you get what you see above.
Is your name Chris Rockett?

Re: 3D printed Robocop suit 1987 build

After two long years and countless hours of work this project is finally complete. After all the hard work I've strongly decided not to wear it as I fear it will ruin the paint job and possibly damage the integrity of the pieces. I used myself as a mannequin for the pictures but I will definitely be displaying this on a proper mannequin in the future and will take more pics then. These pictures are to give you guys a general idea of the level of detail in the suit.

I want to thank first my beautiful wife for being patient with me through this project and being a huge help throughout the whole process, I absolutely could not have done it without her. I also want to thank everyone on here who has supported the project for the last two years. I also want to thank Do3D for making these files and giving me a base to work with to make this all possible. Thanks again everyone and enjoy. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you.......Robocop

View attachment 854733
View attachment 854734
View attachment 85473520181008_095028 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
View attachment 854736
View attachment 854737
View attachment 854738
View attachment 854739
View attachment 854740
View attachment 854741
View attachment 854742
View attachment 854743
View attachment 854744View attachment 854745
This is absolutely mind blowing! You, sir, are an ARTIST of the first order!!!

I have never heard of him. Not sure what the whole story is but that's not very cool my pictures are being used to sell suits. Hope your able to figure out the mystery...my best tip I have is to be careful and only buy from reputable and known sellers its not worth taking chances on something as large and expensive as a Robosuit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back