3D Printed Arkham Knight Helmet. WIP

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by GoldPhive, Mar 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GoldPhive

GoldPhive Member

Hello everyone,

These past few days i have been working on drawing the Arkham Knight helmet in solidworks. I plan to 3d print the helmet afterwards to add to my collection. I will be posting photos of my progress as i go for anyone who is interested in keeping track!

here is what ive got so far. what do you think?
    AK1.png

I have smoothed out the top parts already and will now be working on smoothing out the cheek portion to get a smoother print. hopefully this will mean less work after printing to smoothen everything out.

2. vintageslant

vintageslant Active Member

Hey is this full size wearable or not? Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.:thumbsup

3. GoldPhive

GoldPhive Member

Yes it will be full size and whereable. however i do not know the exact size it should be so i am just going by eye. i believe the back of the helmet cascades simlarly to the iron man helmets do, so i plan to make those parts working as well. Also, when 3d printing the helmet, i have the optioin to scale the helmet however i like. so if the first print is to large than i can always scale it down. So right now im not too concerned on the overall size, as long as the proportions are right.

4. vintageslant

vintageslant Active Member

Fantastic, have you printed helmets before? Do you have your own printer? If so how much does each helmet print cost roughly?

5. GoldPhive

GoldPhive Member

yes, yes, and im not sure what the cost would be. it will definately take a long time to print. at least a day im sure. depends on how many pieces i divide it into. Im not sure how much filament it will take to print yet either

6. GoldPhive

GoldPhive Member

Ok so I've got the main body of the helmet done. will start the jaw next. Opinions?
    AK2.png

7. GoldPhive

GoldPhive Member

For anyone who may be following this thread, here is a new post. Ive been busy the past few days searching for a new vehicle. today ive found time to draw up the cheek portion of the helmet.
    AK3.png

stigmorgan likes this.
  8. stigmorgan

stigmorgan Sr Member

looking great so far dude.