3d printed ......... Aliens M41A Pulse RIfle

What the.....? HAHA

TazMan2000

You can see his latest rounds of posted images?

Are you logged into a/your 'google account' right now?

I WANNA SEE TOO!!!! :)

Here today...Gone tomorrow...Or later that day.

I don't see a hyperlink to the pictures. They appear to be loaded to this site, if I'm not mistaken. Server issue?

TazMan2000

Hi,

Can you share a little what colour paints you used for the Thompson, Spas Grip and Spas cage?

Also what brand pearl paints did you use to create the gun blue effect?

Sorry for all the questions, I am doing a Pulse Rifle myself but I want to get a realistic gun effect than just using flat black paint. Here is mine I modeled myself. It doesn't mechanically work, you can pump the stock and rack the bolt but nothing happens. It will have a light up number display though.

Amazing work!

Attachments

• Pulse Rifle V2.jpg
    Pulse Rifle V2.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Hi,

Can you share a little what colour paints you used for the Thompson, Spas Grip and Spas cage?

Also what brand pearl paints did you use to create the gun blue effect?

Sorry for all the questions, I am doing a Pulse Rifle myself but I want to get a realistic gun effect than just using flat black paint. Here is mine I modeled myself. It doesn't mechanically work, you can pump the stock and rack the bolt but nothing happens. It will have a light up number display though.

Amazing work!

Thanks, good render there, should be a nice build when done :)

I used Trident DNA Airbrush paints for the black and pearls on the thompson. I mixed silver and some blue pearls into the black to try and emulate the blueing effect.
The Spas cage was hit with silver base and then a trident grey mixed with black.
The Spas grip was just a straight flat black over a grey.
The thompson grip was wood pla filament with a furniture wood stain
To flatten it all down i used an auto 2k mat clear over the top.

Oh wow. Just saw the images of your pulse rifle and it looks AMAZING!

I would also like to see a video of it in action.

Long time lurker of this site and constantly in awe of some of the builds, thought it was time to post up one of my current builds.
I always wanted an M41A, but living in Australia basically put a stop to that dream, anyhow got into 3d Design and printing about 4 years ago, built many a printer... to build more printers .... i decided it was time to have a go at a "hero" pulse rifle.
I know there are a few "3d stl's" of pulse rifles out there, but honestly most are crap and do not do 3d printing the justice it deserves.

anyhow....
As i am going for a hero piece i wanted to be able to see the remington in the spas shroud so i started there.
View attachment 757405

Then i looked at the actual spas cage and then modeled that over the top.
View attachment 757406

View attachment 757407

ok sent these to the printer ..... next check for fitment of the remington and actual pump action

View attachment 757408

View attachment 757409

View attachment 757410

Half of the spas cage on the printer
View attachment 757411

View attachment 757412

View attachment 757413

View attachment 757414

View attachment 757415
View attachment 757416
Could you please share where can I buy the STL for this SPAS and Pump? Thanks a lot.

Long time lurker of this site and constantly in awe of some of the builds, thought it was time to post up one of my current builds.
I always wanted an M41A, but living in Australia basically put a stop to that dream, anyhow got into 3d Design and printing about 4 years ago, built many a printer... to build more printers .... i decided it was time to have a go at a "hero" pulse rifle.
I know there are a few "3d stl's" of pulse rifles out there, but honestly most are crap and do not do 3d printing the justice it deserves.

anyhow....
As i am going for a hero piece i wanted to be able to see the remington in the spas shroud so i started there.
View attachment 757405

Then i looked at the actual spas cage and then modeled that over the top.
View attachment 757406

View attachment 757407

ok sent these to the printer ..... next check for fitment of the remington and actual pump action

View attachment 757408

View attachment 757409

View attachment 757410

Half of the spas cage on the printer
View attachment 757411

View attachment 757412

View attachment 757413

View attachment 757414

View attachment 757415
View attachment 757416
Could you please share where can I buy the STL for this SPAS and Pump? Thanks a lot.

Could you please share where can I buy the STL for this SPAS and Pump? Thanks
I'm about to release my updated files. They are a total redesign and far more accurate. I'm also doing a few different versions so you can choose which pulse rifle you would like to build.
This is the 10 hole Cameron wip

Attachments

• 20211005_072117.jpg
    20211005_072117.jpg
    736.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 20211005_072127.jpg
    20211005_072127.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 20211005_072133.jpg
    20211005_072133.jpg
    583.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 20211005_072152.jpg
    20211005_072152.jpg
    631.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 20211005_072300.jpg
    20211005_072300.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 92
I'm about to release my updated files. They are a total redesign and far more accurate. I'm also doing a few different versions so you can choose which pulse rifle you would like to build.
This is the 10 hole Cameron wip
Wow. That's great! Any idea about when the new versions will be released? About the current one, can you sell the SPAS and Pump files with the grenade launcher mechanism? Mine is complete and 100% printed. But I would like to replace these parts and complete my current project before starting a new one. Then I could start making my 2nd one with your new version. (remark: No commercial purpose or re-casting your work. I just make props as a Hobby for Star Wars, Terminator, etc.). Please let me know about the price, if you are OK about that. Thank you very much.

Really like this build! Nicely done, and I hear ya about trying to fit electronics into very limited space (goign through that right now with a project!). Yours really looks the part and looks like it's a real rifle!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back