3d printed ......... Aliens M41A Pulse RIfle

paulsboutique

Sr Member
Long time lurker of this site and constantly in awe of some of the builds, thought it was time to post up one of my current builds.
I always wanted an M41A, but living in Australia basically put a stop to that dream, anyhow got into 3d Design and printing about 4 years ago, built many a printer... to build more printers .... i decided it was time to have a go at a "hero" pulse rifle.
I know there are a few "3d stl's" of pulse rifles out there, but honestly most are crap and do not do 3d printing the justice it deserves.

anyhow....
As i am going for a hero piece i wanted to be able to see the remington in the spas shroud so i started there.
remington-870.png

Then i looked at the actual spas cage and then modeled that over the top.
remington-870+ cage.png

remington-870+ cage 2.png

ok sent these to the printer ..... next check for fitment of the remington and actual pump action

IMG_20170904_074713.jpg

IMG_20170908_165944.jpg

IMG_20170908_165934.jpg

Half of the spas cage on the printer
IMG_20170725_071418.jpg

IMG_20170908_165809.jpg

IMG_20170908_165851.jpg

IMG_20170908_165910.jpg

IMG_20170908_165750.jpg
IMG_20170908_170043.jpg

Last edited:
Re: looking down the barrel of a gun ......... Aliens M41A Pulse RIfle

Wow! Looks great. This is a dream of mine...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AWESOME! I wish I had a 3dprinter... This would be a logical first project to print, hahaha..

Great work man!

Beautiful job mate! One way of getting around those bizarre gun laws;)

I like that design for the pump. Really cool to see something new where pulse rifles are concerned!!

Unreal. Printing has really changed the game.

Beautiful work. Similar laws hear in the Great White North, which is why I purchased an airsoft copy, but seeing yours just puts it to shame. What are you using to print and design?

TazMan2000

I love ambitious projects like this. Amazing work so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome work mate. Looking forward to seeing more. Hoping to grab my own printer soon and start learning:)

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thanks TazMan2000 - Im using fusion 360 for the design and the printer is a kossel mini homebrew using ABS.

Next up is the lower receiver handle and inner workings.
Bear in mind i have to keep within the law here so im limited as to how accurate i can go.
But i wanted a working magazine latch and i intend to use potentiometers to simulate the select fire/lock switches.
I also wanted the magazine to slide in like the real Thompson

lower-reciever.png

lower-reciever parts and handle.png

lower+magazine.png

Last edited:

Printed out the magazine - quite happy how it came out, unfortunately i didnt leave enough clearance for abs shrinkage when trying it to the lower receiver .
6iOl0hM5TKTc6O_o8XcGK6rCo99mzUzowCETy1RV-ZXuzreJgZLG0mxU4luonfJfJT4OG9zAbbjScESwpbMNnqCERcgyuus9.jpg

XNE7Oxty7RKsGQAuBdL-rPt7NESntWz3VAH9PWzkwOJerRsQFtwhEIag1Bc6_kKj_UBt2S-ctOgXlSzIkHG_qVFZgWbyXYIS.jpg

lVrTheMPSguH2UFOFavyKkDkDlGABsFSbOAJTkOqOzI-cmRfT1EBzYkkZf0TKeJDrG3iIBUbOvE3RzKqHV4RnIvgVwdX9VJr.jpg

Quick test of lower receiver, but i will need to adjust a few things.

qXrElxV7BA7la94yKue5oR6hGQnyW5O_b2W2Zo53aSijd9Pk9e-9_hjT412frOIH0LKxKOVWUR5kr-L4fbXp7jLj-G7w2hMZ.jpg

st3XUobj1MScQM_n7fLpeozxEUHLbluMmfjuWixidVpR771jKZKAUwRA44-t3TIrfZUKfSDg8775hgwfTlzUzsdqth_Dpwof.jpg

Last edited:

Went to Jaycar (local electronics store) this week and started buying the electronics.
Picked up some 7 segment displays for the counter, couple of pots, switches and some nice 40mm speakers .
Measured them up and "re-cad-ded" the lower and upper receiver to fit them in.

opDSc3cya_ERlI_CW5TYYrzbleZ4QU2ud1h2AnNoV5Lqv-LNoMKN241MTJzM9-17dB_pmX52IGekJIVzZA7fIWQLSb0S9G7m.png

fd9fsyTjQjtcLZ3k2SEcLSHoXKxlKMZd69_ErdFoHPUJbtlTxw0u0Cv_hy5zi2yYhN1SdJ6RtbHPDYjM3yIWRHve5DaSEjwd.png

kPtheP4rZIhiq8THFbktbvqADlUkJ_G98MR-oEGkgmY1sVHGFwwbekX8zhXOgEV_u0TO5mmfrKhYl-OfCYRDkUn4VH9lEp_5.png

vHBIC9LZaSnixdGRAezodWzPMd4hou49pX8MrxNgSV4rkkkEgf47sS3UCZ4Wyzu0RzIY-HZ6v8RP-DgBPg3BV-E-15EA4WyH.png

This was the upper receiver printed before i made the changes for the electronics.
p27ugvVOCYS0M9nHYUPTQu198LWLXJGR4Wns0FWyWYO5W8NHhEMLm1gU8p6KjkwMz-Aqu1nfcjvslQNVrJt9d9Du75qrtL5Q.jpg

Having had a few of the airsoft PR's I would suggest making some kind of guide rails for the mag inside the shroud to get the mag aligned as its inserted. Putting a mag in an airsoft PR can be quite the fiddly task.

Splendid work so far. Once completed will your design be available for download so others can print one?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back