3D Model and Scanning section.

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Had a thought. With the rise of 3D modeling and scanning, would it make sense to have a dedicated section on the forum where we can discuss models, modeling, scanning, scanners, printers, 3D modeling software, etc.?

In this hobby it is becoming a bigger and bigger tool to use in prop replication and manufacture, so it would be nice to have a place to talk about it and share our experiences with various things.

Hope this can be considered, but understand if another section will just make things confusing.

Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
Had a thought. With the rise of 3D modeling and scanning, would it make sense to have a dedicated section on the forum where we can discuss models, modeling, scanning, scanners, printers, 3D modeling software, etc.?

In this hobby it is becoming a bigger and bigger tool to use in prop replication and manufacture, so it would be nice to have a place to talk about it and share our experiences with various things.

Hope this can be considered, but understand if another section will just make things confusing.

Keep up the good work.

Why not make a thread and do the same...just like you did. This could be it.

TazMan2000

Here you go:

Look at this tech

That’s a matchead BTW

You could have Primitive Dave’s Cygnus in a thimble.

You can print just using data:

Ceramic printing breakthrough

Glass feather

Ice

Bitfab

Old FASA minis

I have often wanted to scale these up

Last edited:
For me at least the question of technique comes up and unsure where to post. Questions of how'd you do it or do you think this will work.
I still haven't taken up 3D printing, I do though have a 3D profiling (milling) machine I built. One of the things I'm building up to is making helmet shells, weighing the pros and cons of either machine and finishing a direct mold or machine and finishing a positive and making a silicone mold off of that ala Boochieboy/F5.
A.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back