32" Millenium Falcon V.2

When research can be hell. After ID donor kit parts now that....
This hobby is gonna kill us.
:facepalm
And nobody is going to believe us when we'll try to explain them why we're going through each photo. It's so unfair.

Thanks by the way for the link. I'm pretty sure I'll never build the Tantive IV but at least I have now the poster they've used for the model. :)

Re: 32" Millenium Falcon V.2 (not DeAgostini)

Just got caught up on the last few pages of this thread. What an awesome combination of discussion, research, talent, knowledge and sharing! Thanks to all involved for so much fantastic information. I love this place!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was there a miniaturised playboy poster in the 32" falcon miniature ?

In some close up images of the cockpit that I have, that area in the cockpit was either blackened out / censored by the original owner or the shadows hid that one detail, or the camera angle didn't show it, but Jackie Rainbow was always there.

Could it be a light dusting to identify high spots during sanding ?
Similar to wet sanding a car

Yeah exactly, that's a dark gray primer coat to check the joints and the high and low spots. You can notice the vacformed dish and the other components (escape pods corridors etc) are white styrene :

The estes of the opening in the dish are white, the edges of the side panels of the corridors are white too, they probably were not flush with the top plate and have been sanded.

There's a small port visible which will later be covered by a panel with deep blaster marks. Is this an electrical harness access port?

There's a small port visible which will later be covered by a panel with deep blaster marks. Is this an electrical harness access port?

No, this is to allow the guys to make the damaged on the panels and get thin edges (only the hull plating thickness)

We can clearly see the cutout in the hull where the battle damages will be done on the plating (I already mentioned it earlier in a thread about the 5 footer).

This is also interesting to see they used Polaroïd pics of the 5ft as reference. :)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/monsieurtox/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsxh9tipu5.jpeg

Interesting that they would have holes on the top and then Dremel into the bottom for the battle effect. I wonder why they would differentiate between the two and not just use the same technique on both sides?

Either way, it goes to show how much effort went into making the models.

Last edited:
...yes, there is an instrument panel and pedals of a B-29 in that cockpit wall. I built the Monogram one whne I was young...may moons ago...:-(

cheers
Uwe

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back