32 inch ESB Millennium Falcon

well sometimes you have to think outside the box litterally
I have been toying with the idea of vacuum forming the docking rings abd the cockpit cones
the docking rings can be pulled from deep muffen tins yes you heard me muffin tins and the cockpit can be pulled from regular muffin tins or something simlilar
you see walking the isles of the cooking store with your wife can be fun and look at your hardware stores too

always think like a modelbuiler everything Ilook at I think what can I do with it

Whew!Hello everyone....I was on a bit of a hiatus for a while there.I managed to loose my password,and was unable to retrieve it,fortunately with alot of thinking,I was able to figure it out again.At the same time I became extrememly ill.......damm near dead.Ya know,as much as I hate going to the doctor,I was happy as hell to this time around.I have'nt been up to much in reguards to the Falcon project....most of my money has more or less been funneled into hospital&doctor bills....needless to say I have lousy coverage.
I hope to get back into the swing of things again soon,and I should be able to acquire that 1/8 Entex Porsche kit by the middle of June as planned,so those of you who have written to me with intestest in the parts,or other certain things,feel free to drop me a line.I hope to get some drawings done durring the downtime,and I also hope I may be able to get a helping hand with some things that have me stumped reguarding the prints.Anyway....I'll pop in as much as I can between work&what not,take care everyone&happy modeling-John

just finished my top plan but I am unsure of the distance between the docking walkways (long rectanguls) and the cockpit walk way where they almost meet on the top I would like some opinions of my plan how do I go aboutthis with out posting them as I don't wish to upset anyone nor have anyone use my plans and turn out with problems

any ideas here I did draw themout small er so I could blow them up at kinkos my concern is if the two are to close them the mandibles will be off won't they ??????????

help please

C17LM, when you gonna post those escape pod pics?!
icon_wink.gif

Ok here's a picture of where I'm at so far. I have used all resources recommended by Mr. Moesland and other board members as well as a friend who was on the inside back in the day.
If you see dark spots that is either compass marks or Squadron green putty or CA used to spot weld until I can use styrene cement. Yes that is a styrofoam cup standing in for my cockpit and tape holding on the tooth/jaw until I decide I like it, I'm still working on the engine deck and I'm going to make it removeable as well. I can see why not many folks have attempted this now and I would advise drawing up a plan and just build it, nobody's will be perfectly accurate. I built mine totally unconventially and quite a bit different from Tim's, Morten's and Frank's but that is the fun of it. I pray this image works. Take Care..happy building
top060102.jpg

To be honest the unbelieveable ones are Tim Ketzer, Frank Cerney and Morten Moesland..after Tim broke the ICE with an outrageously beautiful model the other two have built some unreal models as well wait til they post pictures of theirs...makes mine look like Fred Sanford's truck. I have to thank all three of these guys for posting their knowledge on this board and Tim's and Morten's website (which both practically show you step by step how to do it).

WOW!!!!!!!!! Nice except its the wrong styrofoam cup.........you got to use a dixie from the early 70's.

Steve

StevieRad... *thwap!!*
... use a dixie cup from the early 70s... why I oughtta...

*much head shaking*

icon_razz.gif

Nice work thus far, C. Keep us (oh jeez...) posted.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back