32" Falcon Progress/ more new piccys page 23

Re: 32" Falcon Progress/ more new piccys page 21

Well, you could say that you have scaled the Everest of Builds with this one, and you have CONQUERED!!! Superb work with the construction and the paint work at the end is flag put on top of the mountain! I'm slightly saddened that one of my favorite threads is coming to an end. What on earth are you going to do now?

Asked the same question myself Cut, how do you go from such an epic build, onto another, and keep up the challenge lol.
Im sure Phil will have a few things on his mind, and, no doubt, they will be equally amazing.

lee

I got to stop watching these Falcon builds because then I'll get the crazy notion that I can do one Lol, she is beautiful Phil.

Stunning work, I'm humbled by it and inspired to do better on my own projects.

When working on my next project I'll ask myself "is this good enough" and reference this build =)

Simply amazing!!! There is no way I would have that kind of skill, or dedication for that matter, to do that kind of detailed work from scratch.

That looks AWESOME Phil!!! You've really done the bird some serious justice and the paint-job is incredible! By the way, I just found the figures for the cockpit today. If you still want them they're yours.

Chris

Hey Chris, that's great news !!! yes yes yes I would very much like them !! I can paypal you as soon as you like, please let me know :)(y)thumbsup

Thanks a lot

Phil

The detail is so great!

Amazing job

Superb!! I hav a MR Falcon,but I like scratch build model to make collection,hope I have modeling skill like that 1day,so jealous...:rolleyes

Hey guys, thanks yet again for all the kind words..:)

Just a few more pics...all painting is done now..even the dreaded splatter..:love
IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_5109.jpg

IMG_5107.jpg

A quick lighting test...they haven't been on for about 3 years.. they still work..:thumbsup
The engine light isn't as bright as I hoped, but anyhoo..pics..
IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

This is to light up the strip lights on the back wall..
IMG_5169.jpg

so you get this..you get the idea..
IMG_5172.jpg

scratched interior
IMG_5173.jpg

Dashboard..
IMG_5174.jpg

Ozzy sent me his brilliant graphics, so I printed them out onto decal paper..
IMG_5175.jpg

And applied them like this..
IMG_5178.jpg

Looks pretty good I reckon..Big thanks to Ozzy..(y)thumbsup

After the decals had dried I dusted a bit of semi flat clear over them. I then made holes in the wall and put fibers in. It's the first time I've ever done this in any model..
IMG_5180.jpg

This is it with the light from the window showing where the holes are.
IMG_5179.jpg

I'm gonna add some red white and blue LEDs to it...hopefully I'll be able to fit them in the space behind the round cabinet light you saw earlier..

Very close to total completion...

Cheers guys

Phil

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back