32" Falcon Progress/ more new piccys page 23

Re: 32" Falcon Progress/ more new piccys page 13

Hey Guys, a few more pics..headlight beginings..
hedl1sml.jpg

Done, and in place.
hedl2sml.jpg

front2sml.jpg

This is how I'm gonna hold the jaws in place to save trying to glue them down and still keep it tidy. I dunno if you can see what I've done, I hope the pics explain..
topjaw1sml.jpg

topjaw2sml.jpg

topjaw3sml.jpg

topjaw4sml.jpg

I'm doing a similar thing with the belly jaw box. I thought it will make painting easier if I can remove them.

A pic of the whole thing..I built Moe's radar today, I'm very pleased with that:cool
topallsml.jpg

topcent1sml.jpg

front1sml.jpg

And the belly..
belly2sml.jpg

belly1sml.jpg

That's it for now...I forgot I need to add the battle damage, all the holes and scars. I don't really fancy it. I haven't ever had to beat a model up to that extent before, anyone got any good techniques ? I'm thinking maybe a soldering iron to kinda melt the holes, and a file or knife to do the blast scars... or Dremmel with a rough bit/tool..?..wot do ya think ?

Cheers

Phil

Phil, unreal build, pics are just what i craved, love to see her in the flesh someday.
Battle scars, Dremel everytime mate, use the ballcutters etc, they work like a charm sir.
You really have kept the studio scale end up with this one.

Lee

Thanks a lot Lee, I'll have a practice with the dremmel on some scrap plastic..

I would like you to see her in the flesh too mate..

Cheers

Phil

WOW. This is truly an amazing build - I am so impressed it's hard to convey! (Jason throws his hands up in the air exclaiming "what's the point?!" and staggers, stunned, out of the room)

Beautiful!

What guage copper wire is that? Did you get it at a hardware store, hobby store, what?

Phil, surely there has to come a day, where us UK guys can get together with our toys and geek out some, would be great to get us Studio guys in a room with some models.
Kind of like a WF for peasants :lol.
Seeing Jason, Kevin and Mike etc get together for just a nerd fest, is so cool.

lee

Jason, I'm very flattered :) thanks dude..
Treadwell, it's just household cable with the plastic stripped off, some is ring main, "13 amp" and some is lighting, "5 amp" I think it was...I'm not sure if you have the same ratings in the states though..
Lee, geekfest is needed here too, for certain..:lol

Cheers

Phil

If there's such a thing as making it look easy (and we all know better), you're doing it. Fantastic job.

Lovely Phil !! I love the 32", thanks for sharing, she's looking awesome ! As Lee said it will be a shame to paint her but hey, that's a part of the challenge ! :)

Hey tk1608,

Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but how are you handling the 'Dish'. It looks like a kit part in your pictures. Do you plan to make that as well or correct a model part?

Thanks much.

Scott

Thanks Julien, you're very kind, as are all the other compliments,.. I'm not just saying it.

The painting is scary..

Scott, if you mean the radar dish, it's a resin cast from Moe, a member here. I've had it a while though, I don't know if he can still make them.

Cheers

Phil

It really is an amazing piece of work Phil, what paints would you use out of interest ie: acrylic, enamel etc.

If you need a push to get you started I'd love to prod you in the back mate. :lol

Maybe get a fine molds or MPS and get the rhythm going. How close is it to being ready?

Thanks guys,.

Guy, I'm thinkin tamiya acrylics, and use that mix that I think gunpowder used on his MR repaint...deck tan mixed with lots of white. Unless there's a better way, I'm open to ideas.:love

It's kinda done on the outside now I think. I did the battle damage the other day with a mixture of drill dremmel thing, sandpaper, files, and a soldering iron. I could fire some primer on I suppose, and worry about the cockpit interior later...in a way I'm a bit reluctant to do it, 'cos it's a bit too final... is that weird ?..

Cheers

Phil

Not weird at all mate, was talking with Lee last night about it, it seems a shame to have all the hard work hidden by paint but at the same time what a thing to paint eh! I still wont re paint my MR till I believe I can do a better job, so to paint a scratch must be so hard.

I think once you have the primer on you will start to see the end of the tunnel, its like doing all the training for the olympics and then staying in the changing room when it comes to the 100 mtrs final!!! Still an amazing achievement but the "HOLE WORLD IS WATCHING" well we are!! So get your shorts n running shoes mate and rattle that primer can.

As for colour I really think dont take advice, you will get so many conflicting idea's your head will spin, as Frankenstein you get to name your own Monster. I would say ask Gunpowder if you can pay him a visit to have a look in the flesh, that may help?

You'll know if its wrong cos you wont be happy, when you look at it and think, yes, then your doing it right mate.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back