$299 3:4 scale arcade cabinets

looks like walmart is discounting these all over the country but its hit or miss. prices of $150 or even lower! in my area they are still at $300.

I have four of these.

The 12 in 1, Pac-Man, Galaga, and Street Fighter.

Out of the four the only issue is one dead pixel on the Street Fighter screen.

They work fine, but the joysticks on Street Fighter could certainly use an upgrade, which I’ll be doing soon. I have read lots of complaints about the spinner on the Asteroids cab, but it seems it’s been tweaked to work better on the 12 in 1. I’ve never played many games that use it, so I can’t really give an opinion on how well it works.

Pac-Man is flawless and the joystick on it is great. I’m terrible at the game, though.

The trackball on the 12 in 1 works as well as my original Centipede cabinet did, I just got rid of that to make more room in the basement.

Galaga is great, and easily the one I play the most.

I’ll be getting Rampage as soon as it’s back in stock at Walmart.

The main issue most people are having is the art on the control panel is shoddy paint. It doesn’t adhere and once it gets scratched it starts to really just peel away. Arcade1Up has been sending out lexan covers to protect the art, and including another panel of artwork if your art has already been damaged. Although I have no problem with any of the art on mine, I’ve contacted them about these protectors anyway just to be on the safe side.

I’m a member of the FB group and check the Reddit a lot. I believe a lot of complaints about these stem from expectations not being met. People hoped they were getting an arcade quality unit, when what they are really getting is a “toy” for home use. For me, it works fine...but if you feel the need to slam joysticks around like it’s something you don’t own, you’ll probably be disappointed.

Their quality control seems to be something they skimped on in order to release in time for Christmas. Lots of people with things like two control panels in a box instead of the control panel and the box of hardware, some trim colors wrong, things like that. It SEEMS that second production run units aren’t having these issues as much.

Finally, yes some Walmarts are selling them dirt cheap...I’ve seen $75. This seems to be because Walmart shipped tons of these to rural stores where there’s not much of a market. Before finding these I never knew a Walmart store manager can set the price on something however they want...but they can...and so some stores want these giant things off their shelves so they’ve priced them to move. Thing is, it’s not everywhere...many places are still $299, and many are sold out. There’s only one store within like three hours of me selling at a discount, and they’ve got them for $250, but not many in stock.

Finally, they seem like a good platform to build a RetroPi setup. Once I get Rampage, I’ll be grabbing another Street Fighter to use as a Pi build just because I’ve never done one before.

I picked up Rampage tonight. No issues with it, though from what I know Gauntlet suffers performance issues after level 31. There is an updated PCB that fixes the issue. I’ll be contacting them for that, even though I doubt I’ll ever make it that far in Gauntlet.

So that means I’ve got all of the available launch games in five cabinets, with the only issue I’ve had being one dead pixel on one machine.

In March there are supposed to be three new cabs:
Space Invaders (which has already released in Europe)
Final Fight/Strider/1944/Ghosts n Goblins
Mortal Kombat

I will end up getting those three as well, with Mortal Kombat being #1 priority.

I really like these things.

so did you get the plastic overlay's for the peeling paint? was customer service good to you??

I have received one, and it works just fine.

The others I’m still waiting on. I didn’t put in for them until after I’d had the cabinets for about two weeks, so I’m guessing I’m pretty far down the line.

Customer service has been fine for me. They created tickets and put in the orders for my overlays with just me contacting them with my information. I did include a picture of the receipt to try to limit the back and forth communication and that seemed to help. The overlay I got for my Pac-Man machine took only a single email on my end.

Five new 3/4 cabinets announced today:
Mortal Kombat with MK, MK2, and MK3 on it.
Final fight with Final Fight, 1944, Strider, and Ghosts and Goblins on it.
Golden Tee with Golden Tee, Golden Tee 98, Golden Tee 99, and Golden Tee 2k on it.
Space Invaders with Space Invaders, Space Invaders Color on it. (this one was available in non-US markets already)
Karate Champion with Karate Champion, Bad Dudes, Burger Time, and Caveman Ninja on it.

They also announced wallcades and barcades, which are smaller units that can sit on top of a table or mount to a wall. Not sure what games are on them, and if they have only one game or what. Not much detail on those yet.

I'll probably end up with all five of the new cabinets. They all have something I really like on them. Mortal Kombat is an obvious choice, Strider and G&G on the second one, Golden Tee is a great game with friends, Space Invaders is a classic, and Burger Time is one I've wanted since I first saw these things.

NBA Jam is being STRONGLY hinted at. They announced today that they’ll have more new cabs to announce at E3.

I imagine Jam is going to be a licensing nightmare, and it most likely won’t be 4 players...but I’ll buy that the moment it releases.

It's pretty lame that they are limited to only a couple versions of the same game. If they had it open where you could buy more games for it in a DLC kind of way I could get on board.

You can just MAME one and play, literally, a bajillion games on it.

Yes, a bajillion.

It needs a Pi, an encoder for the controls, and an LCD controller.

Or Pandora’s Box it, probably even easier than the Pi.

That said, the whole point of them is that they are licensed, with licensed artwork and actually licensed ROMs for the games. That was the entire selling point for me, personally. I’m not interested in putting a MAME box together and sifting through thousands of wonky ROMs to find the good ones, or having 800 different localized versions of the same games.

One thing these have done for me, and I don’t remember if I posted it here or not, is given my wife and I a “common” interest in games to play. She’s a hidden object, casual game, puzzle game player...I’m an FPS, action, “core” gamer. On things like PC and consoles there are VERY few games that we would play together. However...with these, we’ve played them a TON. Rampage and Street Fighter get tons of play. I regularly find her playing Pac-Man by herself. I play Galaga the most.

It really is like having an 80s arcade in my basement...and to me, that’s awesome. I simply wouldn’t get that same feeling with a PC dressed up as an arcade machine emulating anything I can imagine.

Another thing for the 60-in-1 people should consider is that the controls are what really makes these games feel right.

They're not arcade quality but they are the correct type of controls for the games that are in the box.

Last edited:
I just picked up the Centipede and Asteroids Deluxe Cabinets and we're loving them.

After reading an 88 page trhead on another forum I had reservations but all of those have dissipated now.

Neither of our units have any noteworthy damage and the gameplay is better than I expected.

I already ordered the Thunderstick replacement spinner for the Asteroids game and since I'm not fond of the game titles being listed on the front of the cabinets I'm going to order kick plate graphics for both of them.

I love Defender and hate that they went with Rampage as the featured game on the Williams Cabinet

So I plan to convert it by replacing the control panel plate with this version Rampage CPO Conversion to Defender Control Deck for Arcade1Up

However, I'm going to have it customized so we can have a second joy stick and the Jump/Climb buttons for Joust and Rampage 2 player mod.

I plan to do the USB mod so I can remap the buttons for each game but I'm not sure if you can get that much control from the set up menus.

I'll replace all of the graphics with a Defender kit which may seem over the top to some of you but as I said, I LOVE Defender :)

A1U 001.jpg

A1U 002.jpg

Has anyone actually converted one of these to a 60-in-1? I know you can buy all necessary parts on eBay for a total of just under $100, but I was curious how complicated it is to hook up for someone like myself... a complete novice when it comes to wiring up electronics. :lol:

Has anyone actually converted one of these to a 60-in-1? I know you can buy all necessary parts on eBay for a total of just under $100, but I was curious how complicated it is to hook up for someone like myself... a complete novice when it comes to wiring up electronics. :lol:

I'm getting ready to build a 60-in-1 (easy) and a 19-in-1 (PITA)

Here is a link to a kit 60 in 1 Conversion Kit For Arcade1Up Vertical Machines

There are links in the listing for the LCD Monitor driver board and the control panel. Everything will cost you about $200

AND there is a link to a 58 minute "How To" video that explains EVERYTHING

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back