2022 Kenobi Series Lightsaber Screen Caps SPOILERS

View attachment 1591655View attachment 1591656View attachment 1591657

I spent bit of time drawing up the Long Stunt saber that Saberz posted about. What do you all think of the model? Anything that seems off?

I think there were at least two versions of the Long stunt. One with a thick neck and big thick grip rings,
View attachment 1591658
and one with a thinner neck and a more pineapple grenade grip, al la the hero prop
View attachment 1591659
View attachment 1591660
Cool design! I couldn’t tell if they used the thin neck stunt on screen but I saw one in the promotional photos. You can see the thin neck in the duel scene for a second. I can’t tell if that’s the long stunt or a fx replica because the pommel doesn’t look like like the chunky neck.

Be interesting to make the neck interchangeable between the thick and thin neck.

Attachments

• 9F952090-D457-4670-BA5F-5BCB0ED571DF.jpeg
    9F952090-D457-4670-BA5F-5BCB0ED571DF.jpeg
    491.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 54AC000A-9A0D-47D8-9741-D9AEDF851437.png
    54AC000A-9A0D-47D8-9741-D9AEDF851437.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 192
Last edited:
My problem with the lit blades is less to do with practicality of the choreography, and more with the fact that they illuminate the whole screen, and I hate how that looks. Lightsabers shouldn't be flashlights.
They are literally used as torches multiple times in TCW, Fallen Order, and even in TROS. The real issue is they cheap out on how the blades interact with scenery. When Obi Wan slices through the rocks, there's no molten ends. It's symptomatic of how they aren't really treated like burning hot sticks that can melt near anything. Details matter.

They are literally used as torches multiple times in TCW, Fallen Order, and even in TROS. The real issue is they cheap out on how the blades interact with scenery. When Obi Wan slices through the rocks, there's no molten ends. It's symptomatic of how they aren't really treated like burning hot sticks that can melt near anything. Details matter.
And I didn't care for it then, either. Post-buyout LFL seems to seriously misunderstand what lightsabers are. I recall one part in Ep. 4 of Kenobi where Obi-Wan whacks a Stormtrooper with the blade multiple times in the chest before the trooper goes down. He should have been sliced in two on the first swing.

I think he chopped the blaster then the trooper making it look like he double chopped his chest. I could be wrong though. It was a missed opportunity for a head chop, fling to the saber into the other guys chest like Yoda did in EP3.

And I didn't care for it then, either. Post-buyout LFL seems to seriously misunderstand what lightsabers are. I recall one part in Ep. 4 of Kenobi where Obi-Wan whacks a Stormtrooper with the blade multiple times in the chest before the trooper goes down. He should have been sliced in two on the first swing.
Though I recall in the Revenge of the Sith novel, Obi-Wan uses his lightsaber as light source.

Speaking of molten, I think that one of the best visuals from the prequel trilogy may be when Qui-gon is attempting to breach the door on the trade ship. He’s not cutting through it like butter, it is clearly taking effort, but there’s melted door and other slag falling away and more and more of the door begins to glow as it gets hotter. I’ve always liked that moment.

Though I recall in the Revenge of the Sith novel, Obi-Wan uses his lightsaber as light source.
Never read it, though I hear it's good.

The only time I can recall lightsabers illuminating the surroundings in SW movies prior to TFA was during the duel between Anakin and Dooku in Ep. 2 when the blue and red lights were flashing between them, though I figured this was used more as a visual expression of how the two were both fallen Jedi struggling between the light and the dark. I know lightsabers were used to illuminate surrounding once or twice in TCW, though I never exactly cared for that usage. I just find it such a illogical and unnecessary change to make when lightsabers in live action have, up until TFA, looked like this:
a72sWW1.png

0qPIfyj.png

1V1HPUw.png

OYalT8B.png

DAMqTaG.png

2JjTv7j.png

Speaking of molten, I think that one of the best visuals from the prequel trilogy may be when Qui-gon is attempting to breach the door on the trade ship. He’s not cutting through it like butter, it is clearly taking effort, but there’s melted door and other slag falling away and more and more of the door begins to glow as it gets hotter. I’ve always liked that moment.
Yes, I loved that part! Coupled with the use of the Force Theme, that's a great moment.

I must confess, I don't see it. It doesn't look like the MR, to my eyes. Plus coolhandluke and SP Sabers have said there is a scratch made "hero" with slightly different details.
I must confess now too. I've been saying everything is scratch built for the shows. Thats not true for obi wan. They used MR/ licensed toys for just about everything. The "hero" is most likely a mashup.

I must confess now too. I've been saying everything is scratch built for the shows. Thats not true for obi wan. They used MR/ licensed toys for just about everything. The "hero" is most likely a mashup.
I'm assuming this includes the Anakin flashback hilt, I wish we got to see more of that one. Does this mean they used like... black series for the bladed ones? lol I can't see them building whole stunt sabers for the flashback scene... maybe the main duels

Never read it, though I hear it's good.

The only time I can recall lightsabers illuminating the surroundings in SW movies prior to TFA was during the duel between Anakin and Dooku in Ep. 2 when the blue and red lights were flashing between them, though I figured this was used more as a visual expression of how the two were both fallen Jedi struggling between the light and the dark. I know lightsabers were used to illuminate surrounding once or twice in TCW, though I never exactly cared for that usage. I just find it such a illogical and unnecessary change to make when lightsabers in live action have, up until TFA, looked like this:
View attachment 1592146
View attachment 1592147
View attachment 1592148
View attachment 1592149
View attachment 1592150
View attachment 1592151
Lightsabers cast light on Yoda and Grievous. But that's because they are CGI.
f9ccc78b-a9d3-4ec4-933d-c9025016d259.jpg
General-Grievous_c9df9cb5.jpg

Though it's not near the intensity that the newest shows have had it.

I think he chopped the blaster then the trooper making it look like he double chopped his chest. I could be wrong though. It was a missed opportunity for a head chop, fling to the saber into the other guys chest like Yoda did in EP3.
If it's the scene I'm thinking of, he hits a black clad purge trooper 3 times. That was supposed to be intentional because those troopers were introduced in the JEDI: FALLEN ORDER game, & they take 3 hits to eliminate them in there.

I keep telling you guys they build everything in house. In house. Im there. I see it
Forgive me, I'm confused— are you saying that you have now learned this information or that you knew it was MR/Licensed toys for everything the whole time and can now share?

I totally get if you were under an NDA (I'm under a few of those myself) and couldn't confirm or elaborate our guesses, but I don't understand why you would make points against the idea they were using licensed props for this show in the other thread if you knew folk's speculations were true?

Apologies, I'm just trying to figure out if I completely misunderstood the older posts and am genuinely confused o_O

Forgive me, I'm confused— are you saying that you have now learned this information or that you knew it was MR/Licensed toys for everything the whole time and can now share?

I totally get if you were under an NDA (I'm under a few of those myself) and couldn't confirm or elaborate our guesses, but I don't understand why you would make points against the idea they were using licensed props for this show in the other thread if you knew folk's speculations were true?

Apologies, I'm just trying to figure out if I completely misunderstood the older posts and am genuinely confused o_O
This is new info to me. And only regarding the obi show. They had there own hand prop guys. And i thought they had the same protocol as the other show shows. They did not. Thats confirmed. I wanted to set the record straight.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back