2022 Kenobi Series Lightsaber Screen Caps SPOILERS

Thanks slyfox for that graflex info, any chance you can share the tells of the master replicas Kenobi? I know about the pommel cubes, but curious as to what else

Clamp card graphic?
Yes correct, the clamp card graphic & pommel cubes tell it’s a Master Replicas, which was originally based on the promo saber pictured in the visual dictionary as I’m sure you’re aware.

Another very obvious major tell is this Gear/Cog detail matches the Master Replicas promo saber exactly, as opposed to the screen used prop which is considerably different.
mr-e3-obiwan-le-11.jpg

Also the black middle clamp card section sticks out both ends of the control box a little
mr-e3-obiwan-le-14.jpg

Other obvious tells are the exact shape of the grenade grip section and it’s grooves and cuts. The exact identical Thin-Neck features. The small step on the top edges of the pommel cubes, and the “T-track style” booster section as I like to call it.
I’m also like 99.9% certain that’s a Roman Props balance pipe Emitter.

Last edited:
Curious why they chose to just replace the balance pipe.
I did tell the prop master about roman. So when they decided not to use my saber and "go a different direction" i bet he decided to put the BP on it to start the transition to the anh obi saber. I thought for sure they were going to buy a mk1 but this saber does make sense for the time line. Buy the way i haven't watched the show yet.

Within the desert sands of Tatooine, miracles take place.

Why, when Kenobi buried the Skywalker lightsaber, it looked like this…

2E7D71F7-E0BD-445D-A1AD-82D2C836D344.jpeg

…but the awesome colossal powers of the desert sands replaced the activation card, replaced the lever, replaced the clamp, replaced the grips, replaced the gold button and gold lens, replaced the bunny ears, and somehow made the diameter of the hilt wider. One would almost think it was a completely different hilt…

The Force (tm) works in mysterious ways.

D586FB97-A1D5-477C-879E-44EE9BB75D6B.jpeg

Within the desert sands of Tatooine, miracles take place.

Why, when Kenobi buried the Skywalker lightsaber, it looked like this…

View attachment 1580497
…but the awesome colossal powers of the desert sands replaced the activation card, replaced the lever, replaced the clamp, replaced the grips, replaced the gold button and gold lens, replaced the bunny ears, and somehow made the diameter of the hilt wider. One would almost think it was a completely different hilt…

The Force (tm) works in mysterious ways.

View attachment 1580498
I'm surprised they didn't make a mash up. Perfect excuse to sell more toys.

We didn’t actually see Obi-Wan bury the Sabers when he left them out in the desert. Obviously they didn’t just magically grow new features in the sand, Lol. I assume at some point after Ep.III Obi-Wan repaired all the battle damage from his duel with Anakin on Mustafar transforming the ROTS Skinnyflex into the ANH Graflex as well as replacing the emitter on his own saber.

Personally I think it would have been neat to see a mash-up Flex kinda like Obi-Wan’s saber. A real or replica Graflex with Skinnyflex inspired details similar to the Ranch Saber that it was originally based on. Except with a ROTS clamp card, gold plated clamp lever, gold eye instead of glass, and a gold button instead of red.

Last edited:
So if I'm following this correctly...

Obi McGregor uses an Episode III MR with an A New Hope emitter by Roman.

The Luke hilt is an A New Hope MR.

Vader is an Episode III MR.

Is that correct?

We didn’t actually see Obi-Wan bury the Sabers when he left them out in the desert. Obviously they didn’t just magically grow new features in the sand, Lol. I assume at some point after Ep.III Obi-Wan repaired all the battle damage from his duel with Anakin on Mustafar transforming the ROTS Skinnyflex into the ANH Graflex as well as replacing the emitter on his own saber.

CFC2DD8E-A5D5-40E7-B310-28C8812B310F.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes correct, the clamp card graphic & pommel cubes tell it’s a Master Replicas, which was originally based on the promo saber pictured in the visual dictionary as I’m sure you’re aware.

Another very obvious tell is this Gear/Cog detail matches the Master Replicas promo saber exactly, as opposed to the screen used prop.
View attachment 1580484
Also the black middle clamp card section sticks out both ends of the control box a little
View attachment 1580485

Other tells are the exact shape of the grenade grip section and it’s grooves and cuts. The exact identical Thin-Neck features. The small step on the top edges of the pommel cubes, and the “T-track style” booster section as I like to call it.
And I’m like 99.9% certain that’s a Roman Props balance pipe Emitter.
This was really informative. I'm starting to get an eye for the differences. One thing that's stood out to me is the depth of the V groove. It cuts through the rings and then goes just a tad deeper
obi-wan v groove.png

On all the replicas(EDIT KR Sabers OWK3 looks like it has accurate V grooves!) the V groove only cuts through the rings, and not any deeper. In the close-ups of this rubber saber we've at Celebration, it looks like that.

But the one thing I don't see on this rubber saber is that center mark like we see on the ROTS props and replicas. It's missing.
obi-wan pommel.png

I don't suppose they could have used that digital model of the ROTS saber made the made for Grevious? It would be the same geometry as the ROTS props and the MR, except for maybe that center mark.

Last edited:
They would just traced over the scan back then, so they could easily keep that detail in there. It's not hard to replicate with traditional poly modeling. The only hard thing about making this saber is having the correct measurements.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back