2015 Fury Road screening & costume event at George RR Martin's Jean Cocteau Theater

Owmeknuckles

What: Mad Max, Fury Road costumes and screening of Fury Road
When: May 14 2015
Where: Jean Cocteau Cinema, Santa Fe NM

From GRRM's 'Not a Blog' website: "We're going to try and make FURY ROAD's run at the Cocteau a real event. We are making arrangements to bring in Max's V8 Interceptor to park in front of the theatre, and we hope to have the Gyro Captain, the Humungus (Ayatollah of Rocknrollah), and Max himself on hand. (No, not the actual actors, sorry). (Not sure whether the Gyro Captain actually appears in FURY ROAD, but he's my favorite characters from ROAD WARRIOR, so he'll be here anyway).

FURY ROAD will open at the Cocteau on the night of Thursday, May 14. Advance tickets are available for purchase right now at the Cocteau website. And as a special bonus for all you Warriors of the Wasteland, anyone who purchases an advance ticket to FURY ROAD, any showing, before May 10 will also get a FREE SMALL POPCORN. Real butter and special toppings, no charge."

How cool is THAT?! Is anyone else planning on attending? Share your builds!!
-ow

Re: 2015 Fury Road screening & costume event at George RR Martin's Jean Cocteau Theat

11156280_951943194837038_385611390263811894_n.jpg
Here's a pic of my gyro captain cap, I'm really happy with how it came out! Cap is craft foam textured with heated aluminum foil. I made the lenses from a cut up plastic pretzel barrel. Not sure if I'm really proud of that or ashamed or bit of both all at once. :)

Re: 2015 Fury Road screening & costume event at George RR Martin's Jean Cocteau Theat

d and j_n.jpg
All done! Now for a long winter's nap and...probably a lot of recovery time with good ol' fallout 3.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back