2015 falcon

barrie

hi everybody,
over the last six weeks of the lousy winter time I have been busy with some plastic and my trusty model knife and managed to build yet another falcon, 45 inches long and approx 30 inches wide, she is now on display at TRANSPORT MODELS OF PRESTON LANCASHIRE to whom I must say a BIG THANK YOU for all the help support with my model making supplying materials and inspiration and good humour while taking on my model builds. please forgive the smiling face on the Falcons creator but even old model guys have feelings, please let me know what you think of the model.

regards Barrie ( the old model guy )

Attachments

• DSCF0529.jpg
    DSCF0529.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCF0522.jpg
    DSCF0522.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCF0538.jpg
    DSCF0538.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCF0544.jpg
    DSCF0544.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCF0552.jpg
    DSCF0552.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 220
  • DSCF0558.jpg
    DSCF0558.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCF0567.jpg
    DSCF0567.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCF0574.jpg
    DSCF0574.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCF0578.jpg
    DSCF0578.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 365
Hello and thank you for the kind comments everyone , YES Mr Blakeh 1 the model is all scratchbuilt with just a few old kit parts added and they as far as I know were not on the original but the effect is good I think. Not many people have a 1/12th scale Porsche model which they can break up just for the gearbox halves to fit on the falcon model, so I just improvise as I do on many of my models thats what I like to do. I just love making models.
regards Barrie ( the old guy ) on one of the other sites which I posted images of the falcon they said that RPF guys would be looking at the right type of kit parts and not be very happy but I knew that people on this site respect all model makers and the efforts they put in THANKS GUYS

" RPF guys would be looking at the right type of kit parts and not be very happy but I knew that people on this site respect all model makers and the efforts they put in THANKS GUYS"
barrie,

Considering that Han and Chewie do "a lot of special modifications" and ALL the movie Falcons are different shot to shot in the movies, YOUR Falcon is no different.

ANY SCRATCH built Falcon kicks butt compared to kits. That's just MY opinion, NOT knocking kits as I would not even attempt a scratch build Falcon.

Keep up the great work.

Hello and thank you for the kind comments everyone , YES Mr Blakeh 1 the model is all scratchbuilt with just a few old kit parts added and they as far as I know were not on the original but the effect is good I think. Not many people have a 1/12th scale Porsche model which they can break up just for the gearbox halves to fit on the falcon model, so I just improvise as I do on many of my models thats what I like to do. I just love making models.
regards Barrie ( the old guy ) on one of the other sites which I posted images of the falcon they said that RPF guys would be looking at the right type of kit parts and not be very happy but I knew that people on this site respect all model makers and the efforts they put in THANKS GUYS

Even more impressive that it is scratch built!

While it may not fit the bill as an exact studio model replica, it still looks like the Falcon and has some very nice work on it!

thanks guys for all your comments good feed back as I hoped it would be, model making is for enjoyment and sharing like a good box of chocolates, I like the fudge ones best
regards Barrie ( the old guy )

ANY SCRATCH built Falcon kicks butt compared to kits. That's just MY opinion, NOT knocking kits as I would not even attempt a scratch build Falcon.

Agreed. (though I do appreciate all the time and effort the studio-scale guys have put into determining all the parts)
Looks like a Millennium Falcon to me!

One of these days I'm going to try my hand at a scratch-built Falcon...
I can't believe you made this in 6 weeks! It would take me 6 YEARS!

*EDIT:
I'm really digging your paint-job, by the way.
Really takes me back to the summer of '77, for some reason.

Last edited:
Thank you for you comments Mr Axloti, I am sure that you can also make a falcon, just get some plastic card some reference material and get going dont go mad for a giant build at first I started of by making very small models indeed then just kept building bigger. The main thing is to have a go and just try, enjoy doing it and take plenty of pictures so that in the future you can look back and improve or look at how you could improve the way you built the model. You know what they say about life being to short as an guy I know just make that bit of time and get craking I would love to see you falcon on these pages in the months to come JUST GO FOR IT.

regards the old guy Barrie.

Thank you for your kind comments Mr Jake88, as you know I sign off with the old guy and I mean it I have been model making for many years and I guess by now I do find it easy, but the thing is to just have a go and enjoy, I never about the outcome but just like making models, and you know what they say practise make s perfect well now always that I have never yet achieved but I just keep on trying and hope that some one gets inspired like I was a child seeing models ( old guys ) had built.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back