rodneyfaile

Sr Member
No, not the John Cusack movie, and no I'm not talking about the Mayan end of time.

I'm talking about the awesome lineup of movies this year.

If only half of these movies are what they should be, then this will be a great year.

I am sure some of them wont be, but then there are probably some under the radar that I have missed.

Anyway, 2012 looks to be a very good year for movies!

Phantom Menace 3D
Ghost Rider- Spirit of Vengeance
John Carter
21 Jump Street
Wrath of the Titans
The Avengers
Dark Shadows
MIB 3
Prometheus
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
GI Joe: Retaliation
The Amazing Spiderman
The Dark Knight Rises
The Bourne Legacy
Total Recall
The Expendables 2
Dredd
Looper
Taken 2
Red Dawn
Skyfall
Gravity
The Hobbit
World War Z
Django Unchained
Great Gatsby

Phantom Menace 3D
Have to go to this just for the experience of Star Wars fans at midnight. Star Wars isn't infinite, even though it seems like it,. Better enjoy every aspect while you can.

Ghost Rider- Spirit of Vengeance
Supposed to be much better, but I am still skeptical)

John Carter
Everyone seems interested, but it doesn't look good to me.

21 Jump Street
I love Jonah Hill. Got to see this!

Wrath of the Titans
eh

The Avengers
Years of build up. Tons of anticipation. Big shoes to fill. The previews look awesome. The Superbowl of Marvel movies. Im there.

Dark Shadows
haven't seen enough, but at least interested

MIB 3
One of those movies you just have to give a chance. Entertaining at least.

Prometheus
MY MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIE IN A LONG TIME, AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING BECAUSE I GET EXCITED FOR EVERYTHING!

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
I think this is the year zombie movies catch up to vampire movies witht his and World War Z.

GI Joe: Retaliation
Looks better than the first.

The Amazing Spiderman
I wasn't interested before, but after seeing a few clips, I admit it has my attention.

The Dark Knight Rises
This movie has everyones attention.

The Bourne Legacy
Hard for me to imagine someone else as Jason Bourne, but Jeremy Renner is a great actor.

Total Recall
Im up for anything PKD!

The Expendables 2
The PG-13 revelation made me incredibly sad. IF you cant count on these guys to deliver, then what's the point?

Dredd
Need to see more, but it has potential if done right.

Looper
Sounds like a really great movie. Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Taken 2
If it is anything like the first, then I will love it.

Red Dawn
All of the delays make me thing there is something wrong. Hope not. Wolverines!

Skyfall
Got my martini ready!

Gravity
Sounds like a gripping story.

The Hobbit
I don't see how it could be bad.

World War Z
I think this movie might be the surprise hit of the year!

Django Unchained
I love all of Tarantino's work. Don't expect that to change.

Great Gatsby
I used to not like Leo, but he has really become a great actor.

I will be checking out at least 9 from your list. I am most looking forward to the Avengers and Dark Knight films.

I agree, this year looks very promising.

You had me at Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. The book was awesome so I'm looking forward to it.

Who's going to start working on the replica of Lincoln's journal?

Only ones I'm going to see for sure:
The Avengers - suck or no I have to take the kid.
Prometheus - I have very high expectations so I'm sure to be disappointed please prove me wrong Mr Scott.

These are possibles:
Great Gatsby - has great potential but... well you know Hollywood.
Dark Shadows - this may be one of Burton's hits of his hit and miss projects (fingers crossed).

Was looking forward to but...
The Expendables 2 - off my list after the PG-13 money grab fiasco.
Red Dawn - off my list due to the wimp move to remove the Chinese as the bad guys after the film was done for fear of losing future Chinese investment money. It can only be a disaster now.

The rest you had listed, not so much.

Doug

I'd love to like John Carter of Mars, but it seems they've dropped the 'of Mars' part of the title, and the whole 'let's make this not suck' concept along with it.

Everything that looks any good is reshoot stuff, apparently. Final cost rumoured north of $300M, but it sounds like you'll see only fractions of that on the screen.

Thanks for posting up a list. There are a few for sure that I think will be 'must see' movies this year.

EX-2 should be good, and the Avengers along with Dark Knight Rises. I'm not sure about the reboots though - Total Recall, Bourne, and Dredd....here's to hoping though!!

I love Bond, I'm sure Skyfall will be awesome!

Red Dawn: If the Chinese are out, then it'd only be appropriate to stick the North Koreans in...which is funnier for me to say since I come from the opposite side of the DMZ.

Great Gatsby: Don't really like DiCaprio much, stemming mostly from his 'eh' performance in Titantic, which I still can't believe I watched, but I am a history type person. Watched the original version with Sam Waterson. So, in some ways, this will have big shoes to fill and high expectations from me.

Abraham Lincoln: Okay, normally, vamps and zombies creep me out too much, but this just may be worth it.

GI Joe: Saw the first one, and this definitely looks to be better.

Spiderman: One can only hope it will be better than the original set. Though, with relative unknowns filling out the cast billing, it's hard to say how this will turn out. BUT, there are names that might not be familiar to some, but are to others. Sally Field, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, and C. Thomas Howell might be some of the more familiar names. Emma Stone starred in The Help, and won several awards for the movie. Then there is Martin Sheen, who of all of the cast, perhaps is the most well known. With 24 awards won, and nominated for 50 more, it's not hard to imagine that he might be adding name recognition to the movie. But speaking from experiences of his past performances that I have seen, this probably isn't the case. Bobby, Apocalypse Now, The West Wing, The Departed, Catch Me If You Can, and The American President all speak of his ability and talent.

There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be July 28, 2013. The Mayan calendar did not account for leap year… so technically, the world should have ended 7 months ago.

So... here's looking forward to 2013's movies!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back