conan_20.jpg

conan_05.jpg

31173L.jpg

conan_09.jpg

31169L.jpg

31167L.jpg

So far, the sword designs for this movie are it's first big 'FAIL', IMO!:unsure

What's with the sword that looks like a Balrog skull sword?:rolleyes
Seems like something that belonged in LOTR...

I just hope the movie is good, since I'm a big fan of the first Conan...

I guess it couldn't be as bad as Conan the Destroyer!:lol

Thanks for sharing the pics.I reall want to see this movie.That creature looks like an octopus of some sort.I think this is gonna be a good one!

I wonder how much they will cost? You would think because they are non-functional they would be cheaper, but I'm not so sure on this one, weird things happen with certain props depending on the demand them

Amazing pictures wanted to see the swords up close, very curious to see them. I still think the Arnold conan swords are far, far better in detail. Not same movies but just saying.

This made me wonder how it did.

Conan the Barbarian went the way of past August fantasy/ancient action movies and flopped hard. Joining the ranks of Kull the Conqueror and The Last Legion and grabbing less interest than even The 13th Warrior, Conan reaped $10 million on around 4,500 screens at 3,015 locations. It was a far cry from the 1982 Conan, which had over three times the attendance on its opening weekend, though it had a similar gross ($9.6 million).

The Conan remake's marketing relied on the brand name and generic fantasy action instead of presenting a compelling story and strong characters. The movie's director, Marcus Nispel, was also responsible for the similar dud Pathfinder. With roughly 2,100 locations, 3D was 61 percent of Conan's take. Distributor Lionsgate's exit polling showed that 65 percent of Conan's was male and 69 percent was over 25 years old.

$48,000,000 Worldwide. Was beaten out opening weekend by The Help, which I never heard of.

I personally had no urge to see it.

Are the swords still going ahead?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back