2001 Ultimate Moonbus Kit

Pauleysolo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got this quite a while back from Monsters in Motion and finally got it finished. Like many of you it is hard to find the time to finish projects sometimes. It is lit up as it is seen in the film, with the red light in the cockpit area and blue light in the passenger compartment. The lighting modules are removable.

If you are a 2001 fan like myself- this is one of the cooler, more scientifically plausible vehicles in the film.

small2001Moonbuspics005.JPG

small2001Moonbuspics006.JPG

small2001Moonbuspics007.JPG

small2001Moonbuspics009.JPG

small2001Moonbuspics011.JPG

small2001Moonbuspics013.JPG

small2001Moonbuspics029.JPG

Wow. That looks great. Like a scaled up version of the infamous old Aurora kit. :D

How's the accuracy? Hopefully better than the old kit.

Resin I would imagine? I love the lights BTW. :)

IMHO the hull looks a bit bare... does it need panel lines or detailing or something?

- k

The details on the kit are great. I would recommend it highly.

The hull has a lot of detailing and subtle weathering on the panels with pastels-as wll as some moon dust on the underside of the ship and landing gear-but the flash kind of washed the picture out.

Too frealing cool. :eek
I have the need for a lighted moon bus also and have seen photos of the kit you built up .What did you think of it as far a quality and accuracy? kind of waiting for captain cardboards piece but yours looks choice. nice job how about some close up shots of the interior lit up? :thumbsup
MSL

The kit was very nice- but there is a lot of work to do when building the landing gear- lot of brass and aluminum tubing to be cut- also a lot of thin gage brass wire to be bent and cut to create the fuel hoses to the rockets on the underside of the moonbus. The interior went together well and that was the most fun part to bulid and paint- at least to me- great decal sheets with all the little details- in my opinion the kit was well researched and executed- and I like the large 1/35 scale.

A trip to radio Shack and i buit 2 removable lighting modules that are esentially a bulb, a 9 volt battery, a switch and some insulated copper wire- I dipped the bulbs in clear Blue and clear red Tamiya paint- and it works great.

P

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back