2001 Astronaut helmet

I've been assisting Mike with reference on this project over the past 4 years. That's how long this project took, but as you can see, it was more than worth the journey. Replica packs and suits are coming along slowly, but they are coming. After all, it's best to get it right.

When I can get packs and a suit to go with my helmet (#2!), I'll probably quit collecting props as that's my Holy Grail.

So take your time, Mike! :)

I
The visor on the exhibit one does seem a bit bubblier than it ought to be though... but I think the visor had to be re-created from scratch for the restoration. It shouldn't be completely flat either.

Pics from around the web of the Paris exhibit helmet

2001-4.jpg

I went back to the Paris exhibition yesterday and looked closely at the visor...

The shape is OK on the sides but when you're perfectly in front of the helmet you see this kind of deformation... It's odd but it becomes bubblier in the front section... You have the feeling the material used to recreate the visor altered itself at a certain point in the making...

:unsure

I also noticed that 2 letters on one of the memory packs were (badly) handwritten !

Fred

Last edited:
Apologies for re-opening an old thread but I have a question regarding the colour of the red 2001 helmet from Timeslip Creations. The first pic is the renovated original and the second is the replica. Is there such a colour difference between the two or is it just the pictures? IMO the replica looks more orange. Can anyone out there who has a Timeslip confirm the real colour?

5741241611_ecb4c8f967_z_zps0a795a2a.jpg

2001_Helmet_06_zps676c0786.jpg

The colors are way off in both of those images -- too red and too orange. The Timeslip is a red/orange, like the original.

KC

I stumbled upon this thread a while back, and placed an order with predictamike, and the helmet just turned up today! It's as stunning as others here have said. Really really fantastic work. I shall be ordering the full suit now for sure!

IMG_4129.JPGIMG_4130.JPGIMG_4131.JPG2.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back