1987 MOTU SKELETOR build (Goddard Film)

Great work! One of my biggest regrets is they never had a proper movie. I watched this one a ton. It's got Tom Paris and Courtney Cox. I loved man-at-arms. I thought they really nailed him. And evil Lynn, Meg Foster got one of my early crushes for this role.

Great work! One of my biggest regrets is they never had a proper movie. I watched this one a ton. It's got Tom Paris and Courtney Cox. I loved man-at-arms. I thought they really nailed him. And evil Lynn, Meg Foster got one of my early crushes for this role.
word. all true. but for me, frank was everything.

I decided to do a quick test shot of a stripped down Prince Keldor and do 2 story cards for the backstory of 1987 skeletor. you can read the cards but i never bought that king miro hooked up with a random Gar. so i thought what if maybe we never knew for sure, and the mother Gar told Keldor his dad was Miro, but it could very well have been some random dude. either way Keldor believes it and tried to inherit the throne he felt was his, but it never worked out. thus the conflict and him being all...douchebaggy. i also thought it would be cool if HE was actually the one who found the lost sword and initially unlocked the power of grayskull, but because he abused it, it backfired and almost killed him and thus he had to have evil lynn and/or hordak or w/e use dark magic to save him but it mutated him. thus he becomes skeletor. i always wanted to know the backstory behind the line "a life of loneliness and scorn" and when Sorceress says "men look back at the mistakes of their life, pile them all up and call it destiny" it made me wonder what his bad choices were. kinda fleshed out in 200x and the back of cards with figures but i made up my own.

the final skeletor is coming i've also begun the tabbards and skirt. slowly the castings are coming.
keldor 1 test.jpgkeldor 2 test.jpg

so, bit of luck this week with brand new reference images. thepropstore.com is auctioning off a partial costume of frank's god skeletor armor and glove set. can't afford it of course, BUT its good for me because i got these reference shots that i didn't have earlier. NOW, because the budget for the film was only 18 million, and they went over into 22 million, 50k of which came out of goddards pocket just to shoot the final battle scene after production was prematurely shut down, they did not have money to make 2 costumes for skeletor. so the god suit is identical to the dark despot suit, just gold plated! they added streamers to the groin, new fabrics and a new helmet sculpt but the rest is all the same molds just gold including the havoc staff (which got 2 bolts to add on after plating took away some detail), so these reference images will work for my build. overall i did not do to bad a job on my sculpts, the pecs are way more defined but oh well, and also GOLD NIPPLES?! **** off Clooney batsuit it looks like Frank was the first to get armor nipples.

the big win with these is more shots of the gauntlets, and of course the ever elusive finger tips. which are tiny skulls stitched on with lava like decor around it.
View attachment 1334151View attachment 1334152View attachment 1334153View attachment 1334154
The little skulls were rings cut down. The Gauntlets were Vacuum formed parts . The gold ver. and the black ver. used the same molds.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back