$15 Kids Ghostbusters Proton Pack

that is really cool!
Quickie props like this really are cool for the kids...they see it much differently than we do.

Here was a quickie I did for my son back in 2003 or so:
SEANGB.JPG

thanks!
The hook was one of those deals you hang a housecoat on a door kinda things.
Mine was just a piece of plywood, a bowl, couple Atari 2600 controllers, air filter, & spray paint cap.
I used battery operated Christmas lights around the bowl.
The cyclon thingie is just a bicycle reflector that strobes with an led.
THe gun was a plastic jug glued to an old light fixture I took out of our ceiling when it was replaced with a ceiling fan LOL.
We just printed out the GB logo on some of that inkjet, iron-on material and made the armbands.
Dang, Halloween is cool. I miss my kids being young. He's 14 going on 15 now :)
I just have to get him interested in make-up...maybe do Planet of the Apes or sumthing haha.

Ah,ah,ah...LOL......Excellent....I'm jealous and I want one :lol

Really, your kid must be proud to wear that marvellous proton pack...I love it.

My son before going out tonight.

When we got out, a lot of people would say to him "Who you going to call?" He would tell them right back "Me!":lol

duplicate036.jpg

duplicate037.jpg

This was a cool project and considering how much he's played with it prior to tonight, it has held up remarkably well. In fact I haven't had to repair it at all.

The jumpsuit was an online purchased GB Halloween costume with a blow up proton pack. My wife stitched in the elastic at the wrists, ankles, & waist. The blow up pack seemed to be full size and leaked but the jumpsuit was what I wanted anyway so everything turned out fine.

Who ya going to call?

13.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This kid... right here!!!!

Absolutely awesome! Theres hope for the new generation when your kids run around, have adventures and USES there imagination! For your son, its Ghostbusters, for me it was Star Wars.... As long as he dreams :)

Actually the WII Ghostbuster game is what started my boy into wanting one. :lol About the time of the release, he saw it and they were running the movies again. He's since finished the game and really isn't playing it like he was but he went dressed as a Ghostbuster for last Halloween and still wears it when he does play it. Right now his closet has a whole bunch of costumes in it for adventure play with his friends. Most are store bought with modifications. Darth Vader, Jedi, Stormtrooper, Ghostbuster, Jack Sparrow, Indiana Jones, Spiderman, Batman, etc. I'm so proud! He even has somehow convinced me to put some of my props on his shelves. Soon I hope to induct him in to the art of building up a prop. He helped on the Ghostbuster pack but I want him to try doing one mostly by himself.

I was reminded of this thread when I saw this on the interblags today: http://www.gossipgamers.com/awesome-ghostbuster-wii-peripheral/

Nice Build on the Proton Pack. I was thinking about using an Old back Pack Blower and Kit bash a few other models to get the desired effect. It's just a dream now. I've got Several other outifts to chose from when Halloween rolls around. Now that Six Flags has left Louisville KY. I'm hoping whoever gets Kentucky Kingdom will hold a Halloween Event Like Fright Fest.

This is the one I made for my nephew last christmas. Its all bits I had around the garage, and took about 19hours :rolleyes

That is an awesome job. Definitely looks more expensive than $15. Anyone want to make me a proton pack? My 4-year-old nephew is now hooked on Ghostbusters. lol I had let him play a demo of Ghostbusters for PlayStation 3 and ended up having to buy him the whole game. He loves it and always runs through the house saying 'wiggle' that ghost away. lol I would love to get him a proton pack, but they are selling for over $100 used on eBay. I would love to have someone build him one. Would anyone be interested? If so, just let me know. Thanks!

My brother called me today and asked if I could build a pack for his 4 year old boy. I have only built Star Wars stuff. Stupid little BRAT....why couldn't he like Star Wars.:lol
I guess I will have to give this a go for him. I can broaden my prop building portfolio.:unsure

That is an awesome job. Definitely looks more expensive than $15. Anyone want to make me a proton pack? My 4-year-old nephew is now hooked on Ghostbusters. lol I had let him play a demo of Ghostbusters for PlayStation 3 and ended up having to buy him the whole game. He loves it and always runs through the house saying 'wiggle' that ghost away. lol I would love to get him a proton pack, but they are selling for over $100 used on eBay. I would love to have someone build him one. Would anyone be interested? If so, just let me know. Thanks!

Go to GBfans.com they can help

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back