Limited Run 13th Doctor T-Shirt (Men & Women's versions)

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATE: Now available for order: http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/rainbow-t-shirt-pre-order-shirts-p-809.html

26285485_1780041258958893_2468489138630819840_n.jpg

-------------------------------

5h4geJh.jpg

We're looking at doing a run of 13th Doctor t-shirts in both screen-accurate female:

23498407_528628034140379_3868645487829581824_n.jpg

...as well as a male version (which will be the same pattern as our Madagascar t-shirt):

extra-image-1397.jpg

Hoping to have a prototype done in a couple of weeks...

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Last edited:
We were able to confirm the exact width of the rainbow print and have been working like crazy to match up all the colors. We'll be starting on a prototype right away and should have some news in a week or so...

Fwiw, the stripes aren't printed, they're knit in those colors.

Initially, I looked into doing these knitted but the price would have gone through the roof... or the quantities would have had to been ridiculously large. Even the original manufacturer seemed to use the exact same design on a bunch of different designs, including non-clothing items as well, to get the most from their money.

Just a couple of thoughts, please don't take these as criticisms:
Are you working on the assumption the colours are pretty much as seen in the promo image, or are you using that Brandy Melville top as a start and calculating the colours off it? I'm asking because the red stripe on your tops looks a little pale compared to the promo image, and I'm wondering if that's just lighting, photoshopped colour filters they used or something?

I'm quite keen to get one of these for several reasons beyond liking the design and The Doctor: I know your stuff will be good quality (I still use your 10th Doc glasses as my backup/reading glasses), yours is the first/only repro I've seen that takes the stripes all the way around, and at the discount price it's only a little more than the others I've seen that only show mock-up images and not photos of the actual item on a real person.

We took the original BM top, and digitally overdyed it with the mustard color to shift the colors to match the suspenders and replicate the final look of the promo image (accounting for color grading, etc). I'm pretty happy with the end result, though a couple of the stripes will likely be tweaked for the final run. The original BM tops all have the rainbow on the front and the back, so we made it the same way.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back