13th Doctor Sonic??

Finished.

20181027_223357.jpg

Last edited:
I just picked up both the Seven20 and Character versions...seems to me that the ideal would be a combination of the Character exterior but with the Seven20 internals, possibly altering the Character crystal so it would spin with the other one’s mechanism, but I’m nowhere near that adventurous.

The real reason for my post today is to ask if anyone has or knows where I could find a clean image of the Sheffield branding used on the prop. I’d like to print a decal and put it on the end of mine and then weather it. (Of course I know I’d need to split it down the middle to accommodate battery access). I tried looking it up online and got lost in the intricacies of branding and maker’s marks...

I just picked up both the Seven20 and Character versions...seems to me that the ideal would be a combination of the Character exterior but with the Seven20 internals, possibly altering the Character crystal so it would spin with the other one’s mechanism, but I’m nowhere near that adventurous.

The real reason for my post today is to ask if anyone has or knows where I could find a clean image of the Sheffield branding used on the prop. I’d like to print a decal and put it on the end of mine and then weather it. (Of course I know I’d need to split it down the middle to accommodate battery access). I tried looking it up online and got lost in the intricacies of branding and maker’s marks...

Agreed on the combo idea!

Take a look here: https://www.rubbertoereplicas.com/13th-sonic-screwdriver

Scroll down a bit and click on the image with the ray gun to open up a gallery - there are a couple of angles on the Sheffield hallmark that might be enough to extrapolate a new drawing in Illustrator/Inkscape.

Agreed on the combo idea!

Take a look here: https://www.rubbertoereplicas.com/13th-sonic-screwdriver

Scroll down a bit and click on the image with the ray gun to open up a gallery - there are a couple of angles on the Sheffield hallmark that might be enough to extrapolate a new drawing in Illustrator/Inkscape.

Thanks! I’ll give that a shot...either a decal or some very careful scribing should do the trick!

Watching The Witchfinders episode right now & I'm noticing that they've changed the emitter of the Sonic. It's most noticable in the scene wherea main character is being questioned by a notable guest star (trying to be vague to avoid spoiling).

It looks like the couple inches or so before the Crystal, has been extended up into 4 scalloped points, with each point reaching about a quarter inch above the metal collar around the base of the Crystal.

Haven't seen a good shot of the rest of the Sonic, buti thought it was an interesting change with no in-story explanation as of yet.

Watching The Witchfinders episode right now & I'm noticing that they've changed the emitter of the Sonic. It's most noticable in the scene wherea main character is being questioned by a notable guest star (trying to be vague to avoid spoiling).

It looks like the couple inches or so before the Crystal, has been extended up into 4 scalloped points, with each point reaching about a quarter inch above the metal collar around the base of the Crystal.

Haven't seen a good shot of the rest of the Sonic, buti thought it was an interesting change with no in-story explanation as of yet.

There have been scalloped points around the crystal from the start -- neither of the toys captures that properly, though, with one having only 3 scallops and the other only two. When watching the episode it didn't jump out at me as being changed but I'll take another look... Were they something like in this image?

Last edited:
Maybe... It may have just been the angle, but i they looked higher to me last night during the scene where it was front & center.

You're probably right though. I've just not studied each appearance that closely. Thanks for the info.

Hello all, I've been trying to get in touch with Doctor Octoroc but have failed so far. Is he still in the business of making sonics? Specifically the 8th Doctor Dark Eyes one? I've tried sending private messages, emails, and posting in an old thread he started but haven't heard anything. Not sure if the messages are getting to him or if he's simply not interested. Help?

I read the thread title fast, and read as "Doctor Sonic".

I was wondering who this new character was.... (for a second)

:lol: :cool:

I really do not care for this design- it looks like it is from Harry Potter instead of the product of Time Lord science.
I guess they had the Sonic doing more and more impossible things they just tossed in the towel and said- "OK, it's a magic wand after all"

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back