11th Doctor's Shirt

That is actually the same shirt, the navy with white buttons. The light plays havoc with it because of the sheen of the fabric. It's a John Lewis shirt. The trick is to find a navy shirt with less saturation than usual. I have yet to find a good match in an American store.

I've talked to my fabric suppliers about this and, as I said above, every dark grey is closer than every dark blue/navy we've looked at.

For those who have pre-ordered the shirt, according to this update, the finished shirts will start shipping around the middle of May.

Very disappointing. I thought I was being optimistic hoping to see them before the Gallifrey Convention in late February (we were prompted for pre-orders at the beginning of January, so it didn't seem impossible at the time). Now we won't even have them for the S6 launch party on the 23rd of April :(

Oh well, I'm sure the shirts will be great by the time they arrive - even if they will be a distant on-screen memory by then! :lol

Apparently, the fabric should be finished and shipped soon to our tailors. I'm waiting on confirmation as there were some logistics issues with the shipment. Figures.

-Indy

The pants are in the works (might be ready before the shirts) and the newer tie is on the to-do list, though we aren't likely to do the suspenders.

Kind regards,
Indy

Try swaggerandswoon.com for the suspenders. Narrow, 25mm, silver clip, with a reversable slider on the back to make them more accurate. They're also white-backed as seen in "the Eleventh Hour" and "The Lodger."

I'm still not convinced the 11th Doctor's outfit will be for me...I KNOW I will look smashing in the Tennant suit, but lets face it - who walks around in a tweed jacket and bow-tie? I might have to stop at Mens Warehouse and try the look on to see how I like it first - but I DO like the Smith wavy pattern shirt.

Apparently, the fabric should be finished and shipped soon to our tailors. I'm waiting on confirmation as there were some logistics issues with the shipment. Figures.

-Indy

Just wondering how that went? Are those of us who prepaid 6 months ago shortly to have an exciting package turn up?

I'm having a couple of photos of myself and Karen Gillan taken in just under three weeks time from now and would very much like to be wearing one of these shirts for at least one picture with her...

Let's just say I've got nothing but bad news. The factory that I have been dealing with (for a few years now) is becoming very difficult to work with. If it wasn't for the fact that I've got a LOT of money tied up with them, I would drop them in an instant. Once this run is finished, we'll be using a different, more reliable, factory.

I'm very sorry to all who were expecting these soon, but I really don't have a definite date for these. Anyone who has prepaid, can request a refund at any time, just shoot me an e-mail.

Kind regards,
Indy

Let's just say I've got nothing but bad news. The factory that I have been dealing with (for a few years now) is becoming very difficult to work with. If it wasn't for the fact that I've got a LOT of money tied up with them, I would drop them in an instant. Once this run is finished, we'll be using a different, more reliable, factory.

I'm very sorry to all who were expecting these soon, but I really don't have a definite date for these. Anyone who has prepaid, can request a refund at any time, just shoot me an e-mail.

Kind regards,
Indy

I know it's been a while, but have the shirts been completed?

Nope. The factory that was producing this cloth ended up shafting me, so I have to start from scratch! But, luckily, I found a new factory (the one I used for the new run of Tennant suiting cotton) so I'll be using them to do a run of cotton for these shirts. No projected date as of yet...

Nope. The factory that was producing this cloth ended up shafting me, so I have to start from scratch! But, luckily, I found a new factory (the one I used for the new run of Tennant suiting cotton) so I'll be using them to do a run of cotton for these shirts. No projected date as of yet...

Sounds good, thanks for the update!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back