11th Doctor Watch

The best part is, it was only $8 shipped for the lot of 2 watches. The other one is gold, but looks nothing like Smith's.

I usually go all out, but with vintage stuff, especially with such limited photo reference, I tend to just give up and go for something close.

A small bump because I just finished altering my watch. A new sort of close band (from Walmart of all places) and some gold leaf, for a total cost of under $30.

DSC01794.jpg

It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it.

A small bump because I just finished altering my watch. A new sort of close band (from Walmart of all places) and some gold leaf, for a total cost of under $30.

DSC01794.jpg

It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it.

For a low cost option that certainly reads well. Without a close inspection I doubt it would stand out as wrong as part of a costume.

Hope this works!! Just ordered this of ebay uk. I know its not a Buler and that it has a date window and the font is different. That said the overall body of the watch is closer in shape to the screen used Buler than the Timex in that the lugs are at a 90 degree angle rather than sloped. There are no second markings and the markings that there are are very similar. Also while the strap isn't the case appears to be gold-tone. In terms of the font it looks relatively close to!

What do people recon?

Anyway I must admit I'm not a cos-player or even a costume expert like you fine people. I just got a little carried away with preparing a halloween costume. So after halloween This watch will be up for grabs if anyones interested, not yet though.

Last edited:
Looks good, although you might want to change the strap for something more golden, the watch itself looks superb. Apart from the date indicator, and the windy knob on the side (Technical term) it's almost dead on.

EDIT: And also, if the price's right, i'm interested after halloween ;)

Yeh, i will change the strap i think. That said I think iv fallen down the rabbit hole a bit in terms of getting obsessive about little details!! I'd be fine if i was a cosplayer but as im not i dont know how i justified it really!!

I'l post more pics when it arrives.

I'l keep you posted about selling the watch. I wont want much for it, just what i paid plus whatever the strap ends up costing! I so far its been £9.00 including postage so not bad.

I wasn't able to find the exact watch. I did pick up this watch. I noticed from the screen shots that there wasn't a crown on the side. After doing some research, the watch may have been a '50s or prior electric wind watch. No side crown, but a spot on the back to adjust. This was close enough in my book. Plus it was only $15.

The watch arrived today and I managed to find a gold expander band in a tray full of broken watches at the local market!

Heres the result I recon its pretty darn good if i do say so myself! I know for a little more accuracy i should remove the winder, but as the watch works i dont really want to vandalise it to much! also its silve-rish in places i think it was either plated gold or silver and one or the other has worn though to leave it like this.

Also as requested iv added a photo of the watch in profile.

watch1.jpg

watch2.jpg

watch3.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back