11th Doctor Watch

Dave Ward

Sr Member
Does anyone have decent screengrabs or reference pics of the watch face? Seems like one of those items that ties the costume together but I've not had a good close look at it yet. Any help appreciated!

No good screen grabs, but it's gold with a stretch band and looks a bit like the Pulp Fiction ***watch to me. It's the last part of my thrift 11 costume I'm putting together, so I'm interested as well.

There are a few really good pics that are posted in the props section of this forum! I will try and post some tomorrow if you can't find them.

So it looks like a shallow, gold watch face. These watches with the gold expandable bracelets are pretty common and you can get them very cheaply from street vendors in major us cities - I'm in DC tommorow and will have a lookout for one.

Guys ,

Longines, Bulova , Elgin , Omega , Gruen and Hamilton all made similar designs although most in my books have sub seconds and date windows. Wish I could see the watch face. I thought it might be an early Omega Deville from the shape of the lugs but the case looks too thin. This watch looks like it has a sweep second hand and no date window. I'll find some pics of a few watches to post and see what you guys think

Last edited:
From the latest episode:

11watch.jpg

Guys,

Risu PMed me about this watch and trying to ID it. Ive studied it and possibly think I may know the maker. First of all I tried running it thru photoshop to try to enhance it so I could read the dial. I went thru several of my books to see if I could find a watch with the same number font used on the dial.....nothing in my books. I'm pretty sure this is an early electric watch...maybe made by Timex or one of many makers when watches were going from mechanical spring wound to battery operated. If you notice there is no crown to wind the watch or to set the time... which tells me either it was removed or it sets in the back which is common for early electric watches like Timex. Is it the pic or does this watch have only one hand? I can also make out what may be what looks like a "Lighting Bolt" trade mark below the 12 or is it just a scratch on the crystal or dial? A trade mark like that would be consistent with an early electric watch. Its really difficult to ID watches like this especially with such a poor pic and a very commonly designed watch case to go by. Also most watches for TV shows like this are low end and not in most books. Maybe someone out there can get me a better pic or the only other way to find this watch is if I happen to run across it at a watch show laying on some dealers table.

From the latest episode:

11watch.jpg

What it looks like to me is something blurry written there..which could be "Swiss Made" or Made in USA" in fact there are some Timexs that even have "Made in Great Britain" written there below the 6...which I doubt is what is typed there, too long a phase...I was using Timex as an example and this watch could be anything since the case design was used in many makers. My best clue so far is the dial design and "asymentrical" font used on the numerals. I'm trying to find 7 watches right now so this may take some time. Frankly I'll probably just run across one of them on a dealers table at a show.

Looks like it's stamped 'swiss made' beneath the 6.

If you notice there is no crown to wind the watch or to set the time... which tells me either it was removed or it sets in the back which is common for early electric watches like Timex. Is it the pic or does this watch have only one hand?

I doubt it's an electric. That case was used by a great many manufacturers for winders. The missing crown and stem is just that, I think -- a missing crown and stem. Fallen out. Matt Smith said the watch doesn't work. Maybe at some point we'll get an edge-on view that shows the hole in the side of the case.

Timex electrics all have a crown, for setting the time. (I'm wearing one now!)

In the animation in the episode, it had two hands (no apparent sweep hand); how many it has in real life, any guess from zero to three would be as good as any other :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back