11th Doctor Watch

TheMaster

I just wanted to share the watch I decided to go with for my 11th Dr costume.

As best I can tell it is a mid 60s Timex Mercury. Although its not perfect it does have many of the features of original watch I feel are important such as the gold toned face, odd numbers as lines, and the relatively narrow bezel.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Risu

Master Member
Both watches look great. Timeonmyhands, I love the shape of the case on yours. Pretty spot on. Personally I'm pretty happy with mine, but I still haven't been able to find a band I like. I may have to get back into digging through antique shops.

timeonmyhands

Thanks Risu,

It was sadly all a bit of a waste of time in some ways. when i'd finally got a passable costume together (braces weren't quite right), i wet to a halloween party an no one there knew who I was meant to be! They all just thought I was an eccentric Englishman! Clearly I'v been spending time with the wrong people.

Still happy with the watch though. But I may sell it with the whole costume together if/when i get rid.

HaroldVonBraun

Thanks Risu,

It was sadly all a bit of a waste of time in some ways. when i'd finally got a passable costume together (braces weren't quite right), i wet to a halloween party an no one there knew who I was meant to be! They all just thought I was an eccentric Englishman! Clearly I'v been spending time with the wrong people.

Still happy with the watch though. But I may sell it with the whole costume together if/when i get rid.

Are you sure there's no possibility of me buying the watch by itself?

Oh and also, wrong circles, completely wrong circles.

Psmith

Really nice shots of the watch in here. Thanks to everyone who has put some time and effort into this. I'm now always on the lookout for a perfect Buler match. However, in the meantime, I may well grab me a Timex as a stand in for now. Also, I think the Bulova Sea King (I think) with the even numbered numerals is a fairly close-ish match. I've seen a few on eBay in the last few months, but none on there just now.

timeonmyhands

As a new member I can't sell on RPF. I wouldn't want to break the rules but just a heads up to anyone who might be interested, I am getting rid of the watch i posted earlier in this thread. Heres what it looks like now with a new strap, winder and text removed. (no winder so it no longer ticks)

dw11.jpg

Alterius

EDIT: My apologies guys, totally missed page 2! Buler also fits and the logo looks slightly more credible, so I'm afraid I've wasted your time a bit :(

Hey guys. Hope This doesn't count as reviving an old thread, but after studying that logo on the watch I believe that there is writing in the middle. I think it either says "Jules" which could point to a Jules Jurgensen make, or "Ward" which could point to a Christopher Ward make. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Alterius

Ok guys, hopefully this time I'm of a little more use. I've found this image of a Buler that looks really quite similar. Same logo placement, same text placement midway down the watch, although on this one the shortest line of text is above the longest, whereas on 11's this is the other way around. This one does have a crown, but it's quite flat, easily removed. The face is black, not gold. So this particular watch is not a suitable replacement. But it could be one step closer to tracking down an accurate model! I mean, the line length and font on the numbers are identical. Perhaps somebody here can see something I can't, or track something down? The image has been removed from imageshack, so I think this is a Google cache, but the link led me to a forum and I identified the original poster in the thread (he mentioned a vintage Buler and was the only post with images missing, also going through his post hotlink takes you to the same imageshack as directly through Google) so I've created an account there and asked him for more information on it. They seem to be a reasonably regular user, last logged in yesterday, so hopefully I'll get something useful back soon.

Alterius

Ok guys, I got a response from the owner! Although he said he honestly couldn't tell me much he strongly believes it's From rhe 60's due to the mechanism. He also very kindly took a couple of additional photos for me with the text a lot clearer and detail on the back of the watch. On my mobile at the moment, hope this works!:

gguq.jpg chsc.jpg

Morthwyl

Has anyone else noticed he wears a different watch in 'Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS'? It looks similar but is slightly larger, has a whiter face, no numbers and a date window.

Farrellk08

Just thought I'd post my watch that I picked up this past week. It's a "Raketa" Soviet era watch that I picket up on Etsy out of the Ukraine.
5-11-The Lodger screencap.jpg 20160314_175748.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.