100th anniverary of the titanic

Wes R

Legendary Member
There was amazingly little fanfare. Usually the history channel goes nuts with titanic stuff except when it makes sense to do it. Sadly i don't get Natgeo or H2 in my room so maybe they did something but I didn't' even see it mentioned in the news.

15th, not 12th.

With the centenary of the sinking of the Titanic approaching, TV networks are naturally looking to explore the story of the ill-fated ship. For the History channel, that includes Titanic at 100: Mystery Solved, a special looks at the disaster to determine why the “unsinkable” ship sank.

History isn’t the first channel to line up its Titanic-related programming in anticipation of the 100th anniversary of the ship’s unfortunate sinking. PBS has a few Titanic related movies and specials on the schedule for April already.

History’s special will feature scientists, engineers, archeologists, and imaging experts, and will focus on how the ship sank. According to History’s description for Titanic at 100: Mystery Solved, the special will “reveal for the first time the complete picture of the breakup and sinking by use of a virtual hangar.” The network’s release mentions a 2010 expedition to the wreck site, which yielded “unprecedented new discoveries and the first comprehensive map of Titanic’s watery grave.”...
TITANIC AT 100: MYSTERY SOLVED tells the exclusive story of this expedition. In addition to the mapping of the entire site, the special will also reveal for the first time the complete picture of the breakup and sinking by use of a virtual hangar. Applying the techniques of a space shuttle or aircraft accident investigation (map the site and reassemble the pieces in a hangar), the team of experts will create a virtual holographic reconstruction of the wreck site in a hangar. No other anniversary show has the exclusive story of this unique expedition and its startling revelations.

Titanic at 100: Mystery Solved premieres Sunday, April 15 at 8-10pm ET/PT

What the heck x.x I forgot it was march and thought it was April x.x I really picked a bad time to stop sniffing glue.

Reader's Digest re-ran a piece that they did in '86. Was really neat to hear the way things supposedly happened. So sad and it didn't have to be that way. They also said that the movie is going to be released in 3D. I didn't like it but it will bring in a ton more money.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back