1000 TOS Fleet Ver 3.0 +++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underdog

Sr Member
With all of the 1000 threads here recently, I thought I would chime in with some of my old work and show a new project, which is essentially an expanded version of the first two versions. I've dug up some of my old photos, though this is by no means all inclusive to these ships. At any rate, below you can see some of my old work and the last two phots are of version 3.0 the beginning. I even dug the old ISS Copperhead, Akiraprise that was a scratch build I did years ago, unfortunately, there are some missing parts as the model has been broken since original construction. I'm sure I can finish it up though. LOL! I had someone tell me that I never finished a project and I find that laughable, I've finished dozens of models and scratch build projects, but I have had a lot of different venues to show my work for some time. Most of this was done in 05-06. I have since seen several different iterations by others....

Moving forward.... Have a look and tell me what you think. Thanks and Keep on Trekkin! =/\=

I like the NX-01 with the engines upside down like that. Wish they'd done that with real thing but they probably thought it would look to much like the Akira class then.

I like the NX-01 with the engines upside down like that. Wish they'd done that with real thing but they probably thought it would look to much like the Akira class then.

Sorry, never did like the NoXious 1. I remember the hype before the show came out and when they finally unvieled the ship I was in shock. I thought "That's the Akira, with the nacelles flipped over." Never could get into the show either, it just crapped all over everything I grew up with and destroyed the original narrative. I went to a showing of the pilot with a local fan club, it was at a bar that had the biggest big screen television in the area and we had reserved the room.... At any rate, when I came home my wife asked how did it go? and I told her straight.... "Total Waste of Time!" I tried several different times to watch that show and couldn't stand it. I even asked Doug Drexeler about the design one time and told me that it was what the producers wanted. I do like that it had some of the design aspects of Denis Bailey's Retro Enterprise, but I would actually have liked to see something more like Bailey's ship, or Koerner's Enterprise... Sorry, end of rant. I actually kitbashed that ship as a mockery of the show and the original desires of the producers. I saw a version that Doug made that had and engineering hull and some other mods and I loved it.

I hear what you're saying. If the producers had had any inclination to stay truer to canon they would have made it a Daedalus class ship. I would've loved to have see that!

I have to admit, a tricked out Daedelus would have been cool. I've seen some fine representations and modifications of that wessel. I've got one in the garage. Besides, it would make a lot of sense looking at the current designs of NASA, before the great unfunding that it.

I hear what you're saying. If the producers had had any inclination to stay truer to canon they would have made it a Daedalus class ship. I would've loved to have see that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back