1/48 Bandai x-wing (FINISHED...with video!)

Re: Now that the ball is rolling...1/48 Bandai x-wing

Nah...I used maskol. I've use salt chipping before but i was more impatient this time. The maskol looks okay right now but I think it will be better after I sand the model a bit

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I have one question about paneling. Are there three red panels on the starboard side of the fuselage? Or just two? I have yet to find an official reference for this.

If anyone has a link to high-res screen caps, I have no problem sifting through to find out!

Not too sure about the wing decals. Because this thing has stupid red plastic insets for the wing markings (which I painted over) but uses decals for the stripes, the colours don't match up very well. Personally, I prefer the red that I made (Insignia red and a splash of brown).

But I really don't want to tape off those wing stripes....

Last edited:

I found some 1.5mm tape that is PERFECT for the job!

Last edited:

I never realized how great sanding is for weathering. Especially when you use a black primer.

Last edited:
Re: 1/48 Bandai x-wing (FINISHED!)

Brilliant job astroboy,.....weathering is spot on,.....love the splattering

How do you like the model yourself,.....electronics & all......

....do you think its worth the extra for the electronics etc?

J

Re: 1/48 Bandai x-wing (FINISHED!)

Brilliant job astroboy,.....weathering is spot on,.....love the splattering

How do you like the model yourself,.....electronics & all......

....do you think its worth the extra for the electronics etc?

J

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the spattering. Not as happy with the pigments.

Now....is the extra money worth it? I'd say that if they had a version without the electronics, it isn't worth it at all. The only lights that are worth it here are the engine ones. There's only a single LED for the cockpit. The motorized wings aren't worth it and the sound effects are awful I wish I could turn them off. (scratch that. I'm gonna snip the speaker wire)

However, it is worth the money if you spend time on it. I can't afford (nor am I skilled enough) for a salzo studio scale. So this is the next best thing.

They really need to simply scale up the 1/72 version to 1/48. That would be the best option. The motor is too integrated in this one to simply adapt this model (I hate the base on this. It looks like a trophy stand. I should have just set it in open wing position and built a new one)

Amazing work matey! Turned out awesome, masking those strips can be a PIA (just doing mine at mo grrrrrr! Lol) nice work!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back