1:4 Stormtrooper kit by Screamin'

BlindSquirrel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just finished this kit. I think I need some time to decompress before I can gauge my building experience but it looks pretty good sitting on the table.

57FinalHelmet.jpg

61FinalHelmet.jpg

Besides inaccuracies in the kit, they provided no way to attach the helmet. So I had to sculpt a head and neck seal. While he is not a clone, this is ANH-era trooper just happens to look like me. What are the odds? :angel

62FinalFace.jpg

63FinalFace.jpg

Build-up photos and construction details, as always are on the blog.

Oh get real. Stop posting pictures of yourself in life-size trooper armor and trying to pass them off as a model kit.. :D

Of all the nerve. . .

Excellent work.

Would somebody please post a link or pm me with information on where
this kit, and any others like it would be available, and the cost of them?

1/4 scale or bigger is what I like to collect, and this stormtrooper looks GREAT.

I'd love to be able to have a finished one in my collection possibly.

Thanks very much for any information.

JS

Man... that figure looks like the FX armor on a good day. Never really liked the sculpts on the quater scaled figures, but the paint-job is great and I like the touch with the blaster and the custom face. :)

Originally posted by JSAuctionService@Mar 28 2006, 05:11 AM
Would somebody please post a link or pm me with information on where
this kit, and any others like it would be available, and the cost of them?
1/4 scale or bigger is what I like to collect, and this stormtrooper looks GREAT.
I'd love to be able to have a finished one in my collection possibly.
Thanks very much for any information.
JS
[snapback]1214483[/snapback]​
Since they are discontinued, your best bet would be on eBay. They are sold there from time to time. Just beware of the many low quality recasts floating around - they are inferior quality and should be avoided. You can often get the 1:4 scale Star Wars figures for a steal of about $10-$50 depending on the time... just search eBay for original kits at low prices.

But if eBay is not an option... I think there are a few online stores that sell them... though, the price are generally higher than on eBay... and maybe you can find them by googling for "Screamin' 1:4 Star Wars".

Good luck on your search.

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Mar 28 2006, 01:19 PM
That E-11 looks very detailed
[snapback]1214713[/snapback]​
I don't think it's the one accompanying the kit... or am I wrong in assuming that the blaster is from somewhere else, other than this kit?

Originally posted by NoHumorMan+Mar 28 2006, 06:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoHumorMan @ Mar 28 2006, 06:31 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Darth Domain
@Mar 28 2006, 01:19 PM
That E-11 looks very detailed
[snapback]1214713[/snapback]​
I don't think it's the one accompanying the kit... or am I wrong in assuming that the blaster is from somewhere else, other than this kit?
[snapback]1214717[/snapback]​
[/b]

Its not. The one that comes with the kit is why out of scale. An E-11 should be about the length of a forearm.

The gun that came with the kit was a total piece of crap so I took the Blaster Builders Club templates, scaled them down and built my own. Complete build-up photos can be found here:

mini E-11

Originally posted by BlindSquirrel@Mar 28 2006, 10:11 AM
The gun that came with the kit was a total piece of crap so I took the Blaster Builders Club templates, scaled them down and built my own. Complete build-up photos can be found here:

mini E-11
[snapback]1214846[/snapback]​

Awesome work. I'm going to have to strip mine and redo him.

Originally posted by NoHumorMan@Mar 28 2006, 05:02 PM
You are very talented indeed.  :thumbsup
[snapback]1215042[/snapback]​

yeah like why didnt you just sculpt the whole trooper? :lol

you are a better sculpter than the people that made the kit. LOL.

no offense, it looks great... but the helmet is... less than accurate.

great scuplt on the face though. i dont know what you look like but it looks very lifelike. and the build you did on the kit is A1 clean as well.

have you ever tried to scuplt a TK helmet?

it would be interesting to see what you could come up with. :thumbsup

Thanks guys. I thought this thread was dead. :lol

The helmet was a major frustration for me...I changed as much as I could without just chucking it and building it from scratch.

I am such a mental patient I was actually building the INTERIOR of the helmet (as in the cutaway from the DK book) but there wasn't enough room for the gizmos and "my" head. I did get as far as sculpting the interior detail of the lenses and foam around them.

Perhaps I will do a TK someday...I'm only an oven away from a functional vacuum forming table.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back