1:4 scale American Werewolf in London

Looks great, but why the stripes down the side of the face?

american-werewolf-in-london-movie-prop-restoration-2b.jpg

Thanks guys.

Clutch, it's not quite finished yet, there is still more hair to add and a few areas to refine. The stripes won't be prominent on the final piece.

I thought this would be another shaggy dog story to begin with but WOW, this is :eek. You must be a Pro?
Top work. The base could be a wet road section, with the kerb and a drain, as it races across Piccadilly Circus. The wet road and tarmac texture would look great. Just an Idea.

This movie scared the poop outta me as a kid... this is just one awesome piece of work if I may say so! So... when do you start on the Lifesize version? (drools)

Thanks, I'm looking forward to finishing the display. Been distracted with Vader helmets and other shiny baubles!

Oh My God Al, this is astonishing i love it, youve done a cracking job mate

This is my ultimate Favourite movie ever too.

youve got to bring this bad boy to the NEC Prop Party

Any one willing to help me out with my drool puddle. I will help you out with yours. Clean up that is. lol Good job on this werewolf. Love it.

That is awesome work! What occurs to me is a display and it almost seems like there's probably no way to do it, but the big reveal of the werewolf in the film is where we see the 'whole' thing in the Tube station. I could see a diorama perhaps scaled differently from the film, perhaps forcing perspective of him coming down a faux escalator (instead of him going up like in the film) or perhaps coming out of a tube corridor into a wider area where your diorama could open up. Again perhaps forcing the perspective.

But he looks awesome just alone on a simple display stand.

Thanks all.

I've got a couple of new sculpts on the bench; a 1/4 scale Mr Barlow from 'Salems Lot' and a 1/4 scale Quint from JAWS, so I'm dividing my hobby-time between the three.

I'll finish the display base for the werewolf soon and share some pics here.

Great looking wolf man!

I personaly would shape the base in an organic form.
I think it will make the wolf look more dynamic and alive ,but that's just my opinion.
Your new project "the master"
can't wait to see what you will make of him.
He is my alltime favorite movie vampire.

Thanks gys! Yes, AWIL is one of my favourite movies too. Great flick - and a great excuse to watch it multiple times whilst sculpting this!

Al

Hello,
I really loved your American Werewolf 1:4 figure. You did an amazing job. I remember you were selling it on eBay long time ago and I was trying to get it but I was outbid.
I was wondering if you would be able to build another one for me and if yes then how much would you charge for this piece??
Thanks a bunch

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back