1/350 ENTERPRISE REFIT BUILD.

Love it! I see you utilized Raytheon lighting for the registry at the aft ends of the warp nacelles. Did you encounter any color change with the plastic giving the internal LED's a yellowish tint?

Love it! I see you utilized Raytheon lighting for the registry at the aft ends of the warp nacelles. Did you encounter any color change with the plastic giving the internal LED's a yellowish tint?

Thanks! What's a Raytheon?!?...
The spotlights on the registry on the nacelles are achieved by lighting that area from within. I ground down the plastic carefully in the area AFTER the model was light blocked .

No... I do NOT have a yellow tint. It looks like a spotlight generated...somewhere.

Thanks! What's a Raytheon?!?...

The spotlights on the registry on the nacelles are achieved by lighting that area from within. I ground down the plastic carefully in the area AFTER the model was light blocked .

You just answered your own question ;) The Raytheon technique is illumination from the backside (inside) that gives the illusion of an exterior spotlight. The builders of the original filming model utilized dental mirrors to bounce tiny spotlights onto the hull of the ship. Unless we 1/350 builders decide to use a similar method (tiny LED's set up to shine on our displayed builds, maybe?), Raytheon lighting provides an acceptable substitute. I bring up the color question because some builders experienced the molded plastic giving their LED's a yellow cast, when they wished it to be cool blue or similar. Regardless, you pulled it off wonderfully!

You just answered your own question ;) The Raytheon technique is illumination from the backside (inside) that gives the illusion of an exterior spotlight. The builders of the original filming model utilized dental mirrors to bounce tiny spotlights onto the hull of the ship. Unless we 1/350 builders decide to use a similar method (tiny LED's set up to shine on our displayed builds, maybe?), Raytheon lighting provides an acceptable substitute. I bring up the color question because some builders experienced the molded plastic giving their LED's a yellow cast, when they wished it to be cool blue or similar. Regardless, you pulled it off wonderfully!

Roger that!!

pHn9qb.jpg

Awesomw build from someone who shelved it. When it came time to put it on the main post, it was front heavy and leans forward. I might revisit her one day but need to work out that 'little' detail.

While taking a much needed break from the modeling bench, I edited together this video of my 1/350 Refit...

Some atmospheric clips of the model in tribute to it's appearance in Star Trek the Motion Picture. Over a flat white base coat, The Aztec designs were accomplished with masks and four iridescent colors(Red,Green,Gold and Blue)through an air brush at a low setting. The model features a fully detailed and lit shuttle bay. The hull spotlights on the saucer are just that, and illuminate the ships registry. The model also features sound and the sequential start up sequence seen in the film. The model was filmed in front of both a Blue and Green screen and was difficult to blend due to it's paints. the score is from Jerry Goldsmith

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back