1:24 A-Wing (printed on Elegoo Jupiter)

I have been working with the maker of these files and plan to release a small batch of kits. The only real item I still need to work out is the canopy. As soon as my high-temperature resin arrives that can handle the vacuform process, I will give that a try. Once I actually get close to doing that I will open up an 'interest' thread to see if anyone will be interested in that.

I think that not only is this ship iconic, but it's a pretty quick build and the paint job is attainable for sure.

I have been working with the maker of these files and plan to release a small batch of kits. The only real item I still need to work out is the canopy. As soon as my high-temperature resin arrives that can handle the vacuform process, I will give that a try. Once I actually get close to doing that I will open up an 'interest' thread to see if anyone will be interested in that.

I think that not only is this ship iconic, but it's a pretty quick build and the paint job is attainable for sure.
Very nice! I would be interested in a kit for sure!

This is my 'contraption' I threw together a while back for working on these larger models, especially ones like this that have delicate parts. Makes it easier to paint and manipulate. All ready for primer.

View attachment 1618022
I’m a big fan of contraptions. Tell me a little more about it. Is that 1/4-20 rod? What is the nut in the model? How is it secured? What is the clamp holding the rods?

I’m a big fan of contraptions. Tell me a little more about it. Is that 1/4-20 rod? What is the nut in the model? How is it secured? What is the clamp holding the rods?

Yes, 1/4-20 is my standard when it comes to putting in a threaded insert. Sometimes I use it as the main support rod, other times I only have it stick out of the model about 6" and then insert that into a solid aluminum tube.

This is pretty much my standard spread of inserts, nuts, and bolts that I use:

IMG_20221022_121202166.jpg

The gold-colored threaded insert is what I embed into the model. Normally I just epoxy it in, though if the model is larger I will put a thin strip of aluminum over the top and then epoxy it all in.

That larger threaded rod is for lamps and is super easy to work with as it's hollow, that's my go-to if I intend to light something.

The larger rod I used in my rig to hold models while I paint is 1/2" and this is what I use to clamp it:

Here are a few other random parts I used both for this base and others:

Yes, 1/4-20 is my standard when it comes to putting in a threaded insert. Sometimes I use it as the main support rod, other times I only have it stick out of the model about 6" and then insert that into a solid aluminum tube.

This is pretty much my standard spread of inserts, nuts, and bolts that I use:

View attachment 1629991

The gold-colored threaded insert is what I embed into the model. Normally I just epoxy it in, though if the model is larger I will put a thin strip of aluminum over the top and then epoxy it all in.

That larger threaded rod is for lamps and is super easy to work with as it's hollow, that's my go-to if I intend to light something.

The larger rod I used in my rig to hold models while I paint is 1/2" and this is what I use to clamp it:

Here are a few other random parts I used both for this base and others:
Thanks for the info and the links. I use 1/4-20 for my builds as well. I'm always open to new ways of doing things.

skahtul , do you have permission from the creator of these files to make copies and sell them? Even recasted copies? The license for Alain-11 on cgtrader says that his models are used for "personal use only" as with most of the artists you downloaded files from in the links you mentioned. Unless, of course, you have special permission from him.

*** Edit. Never mind. I never read the post where you were working with the creator. Sorry.

TazMan2000

skahtul , do you have permission from the creator of these files to make copies and sell them? Even recasted copies? The license for Alain-11 on cgtrader says that his models are used for "personal use only" as with most of the artists you downloaded files from in the links you mentioned. Unless, of course, you have special permission from him.

TazMan2000

Sure do. I have an 'interest thread' on the forum right now and state there that not only do I have his permission, he will be getting a cut of each sale. He will even be advertising the kit on his own site (which is really just his facebook page).
But I understand where you are coming from. I will for sure obtain some kind of written permission before I ever print the first kit as I understand the fear/issues.

thanks!

Sure do. I have an 'interest thread' on the forum right now and state there that not only do I have his permission, he will be getting a cut of each sale. He will even be advertising the kit on his own site (which is really just his facebook page).
But I understand where you are coming from. I will for sure obtain some kind of written permission before I ever print the first kit as I understand the fear/issues.

thanks!

I should have read the whole thread, but missed that remark where you noted that. My apologies. I'm happy you have made a deal with the artist where you both profit. This is the way.

TazMan2000

I should have read the whole thread, but missed that remark where you noted that. My apologies. I'm happy you have made a deal with the artist where you both profit. This is the way.

TazMan2000

No problem, I get it, so prolific these days. Trust me, would not want to get banned from literally my favorite site!

TazMan2000

Well, I guess right up until he changed his mind, oh well, enjoy the build anyway :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back