1:1 Thor Build - COMPLETED!!!!!!

Well rather than responding to me it looks like Daz71 (Darren Harvey) chose to either delete his Facebook account or block me.

The Mods need to ban this guy.

Last edited:
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! 1:1 Thor Movie Costume (WIP) - Issues with the bust

Maybe you should start a new thread asking for mod intervention?

Since I obviously need to looks for a new bust to finish off my is display I thought I should ask if anyone knows of anyone else who is working on a Thor bust

Surely Daz wasn't the only person who has made one. Anyone know of any others?

Re: 1:1 Thor Movie Costume (WIP) - Scammed but moving on

The one I listed is like the movie, The helmet is removable and wearable. The first one you listed is nice but def old school Thor. The other one is more like a bad joke and not to scale either... I agree with you on the Jap Thor... Still its like the bust he was already looking at and the wig could be changed to something a little less girlie :) I thought the hammer stand was pretty cool.

Thank you for the help... However I regret to announce that this project has died (at least for the time being)

After the Daz71 situation which set me back $1,000 on my budget, the guy sculpting my armor had a lot going on and wasn't able to hit some deadlines.

He was great and offered me a full refund, which I took. Lance is an awesome artist and a stand up guy. I just decided I couldn't wait any longer on the armor knowing that I also had to raise new funds for a new bust.

If Lance decides to finish the armor and make it available to everyone I will probably buy one then and that may be the CPR this project needs but for right now I'm putting my efforts toward my home theater room (pics to come soon)

Captainsuperman, one of my friends bought this one. I have seen it in his house. Looks good, but I thought it was rather expensive...

sorry to hear the problems best of luck with next project

The website linked in this post is a banned member and known recaster known as mysuperheroguy/greenvillefx

Nice build. I wish I had the whole avengers team. I'm probably going to start with ironman.

Alright... This thing has been dead for over a year but now IT'S ALIVE!!!!

I scrapped this whole thing over a year ago and sold off everything. I finished my theater room and have started several other projects

But with some luck I was able to save up enough money to restart it. Also, lucky for me Lance didn't throw out his Thor Armor sculpt... So we struck a new deal and he will pick up where we left off.

More updates to come soon

Re: 1:1 Thor Movie Costume (WIP) - IT'S ALIVE AGAIN

Man I'm happy you have resurrected this!

Thanks I'm very happy this is turning around also.

It will move slowly, but I do have several related projects running right now (I.e. the casket of ancient winters)

So I should have a nice Thor set up when it is all seaside and one ;)

SCORE!!!

Just found a new mannequin to replace the one I sold when this project died.

It killed me to scrap this privet last year . I'm so glad things are falling back into place

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395449571.351912.jpg

My next steps will be after I get the chest armor completed (progress pics soon) I will commission new arm armor. This time I'll allot the money needed for rubber ones to be made

Then I will commission the bust, gauntlets, shin and thigh guards once I have all of the crucial parts to scale.

My only big question mark is how to mount the cape.

Mannequin arrived today and it's just like the one I had before (I commissioned the armor to its specific measurements)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395953536.876721.jpg

I also got an update on the armor. Just needs a little more smoothing out and to add the shoulder/cape mount detail and we will be all set

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395953607.256943.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395953619.570414.jpg

Re: 1:1 Thor Movie Costume (WIP) - Need Some Advice

I need guantlets, shinguards, thigh guards still. I thought someone on here did a 3D print of those but I can't find that thread. Anyone remember that or know where to find that?

Also, I need some some help on the arms. I have the mannequin (pictured above) and I ok with just gluing the diamonds down to the arm but I dont know what material to use. Anyone have any suggestions on material or know anyone who would be able take on that portion of project in movie quality?

Re: 1:1 Thor Movie Costume (WIP) - Need Some Advice

My display stand is done and I'm starting on the arm armor now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399752198.494446.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399752205.722981.jpg

Also, found the gauntlets, shin guards and the thigh guard. They should ship next week.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back