1:1 Thor Build - COMPLETED!!!!!!

CaptainSuperman

Sr Member
I am finishing my 1:1 TFA Captain America in the next few weeks and I am starting to look ahead to my next project. I had decided to do an X2 Wolverine, until my buddy pointed out last night that I have a 1:1 Ironman, Hulk and Cap and that he thought it made more sense to stick to an Avengers theme to the room and not just Marvel.

His point made a lot of sense to me and got my wheels turning. I have looked around and have been impressed with a few individual accomplishments but I have not seen much in the way of costume/armor for sale.

So I wanted to put out this thread to enlist your help in finding quality pieces to purchase (as I don't have the skill to make this myself yet).

Also I will have one bonus money coming in towards the end of JAN, so if needed I may be able to commission someone to make one for me if the resources do not already exist . Any suggestions are appreciated on that also.

My goal is to collect the best quality possible, both in workmanship and material, please help if you can. Thank you

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 Thor Movie Costume (Help Needed!!!)

im building a hulk very soon and am working on ironman just waiting to see what they doing with his suit for the new movie ive seen thor and capt in various pics online but none of ironman im also starting to airbrush sum stuff
as well let me know if you would like to work together or get me to make ur stuff im pretty novice but could use the motivation to get better as well as the practice

Well, I could help out with some parts as well, should that be the case. What version would you want? The Avengers one or the regular one seen in Thor?

Well, I could help out with some parts as well, should that be the case. What version would you want? The Avengers one or the regular one seen in Thor?

My Cap is from TFA and my Ironman is the Mark III from the first ironman film, the Hulk was based off the Edward Norton Hulk, so I wanted to stick with that theme and have this display be from the Thor movie, not the avengers version.

Well, let me know if you need any assistance :)

Thanks, I just sent you a PM. I also sent out a few E-mails to some respected prop builders I have worked with in the past to see if they would be interested in contributing to making the armor, shin guards and gauntlets.

I also have not figured out the hammer and helmet yet. Any suggestions on who makes any of these thhings, or who could be commissioned to help would be appreciated still.

Last edited by a moderator:

All I have is this. Never made the pep file for it though. Just have the 3D Model for it, and the full 3D Model for the entire character.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All I have is this. Never made the pep file for it though. Just have the 3D Model for it, and the full 3D Model for the entire character.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you for this... I have never done a pep project, but if I can't get this project commissioned I may try my hand at it. It has alway interested me.

To Ironspider- thanks I sent you a PM

That model is amazing, im sure someone on here could hook it up. Great find

So here is where we are:

I have think I have lined up someone to make the chest armor. It will be full front and back, rubber with resin components. I will take a day or two to sleep on it, but I think I will go that route.

I plan on taking a swing at doing the cape and pants myself. Any advice or reference material would be greatly appreciated.

I have lined up to buy the chainmail arms that I want (when they come in I will start posting pics) and I have the perfect mannequin here for this project.

Now the biggest thing I am worried about is the gauntlets, shinguards and leg brace. Other than Graphic Jordan (who's stuff looked amazing) dose anyone know someone who makes these or does anyone have good reference material on these (pep files etc). I bought the concept art book and Blu ray, but neither were very helpful on these items.

Please let me know if you all have any suggestions, advice or things you can share to help this project get off the ground.

Re: 1:1 Thor Movie Costume (WIP)

Update:

I bought the chainmail arms, helmet and hammer. I also may have figured out the gauntlets, shinguards and leg brace. Should start having some of these items arrive soon so I can start posting som pics.

Since this thing is starting to one together and is solidifying so fast I am thinking head to what the display stand should look like and what facial expression the bust should have. (open to suggestions for both)

Re: 1:1 Thor Movie Costume (WIP)

Here is a look at what I have been able to find so far.

This is the mannequin I will be using:
IMG_0095.jpg

I am getting these arms from darthchiro.
thorarm.jpg

I am getting the helmet and hammer off eBay.
KGrHqFiEE68yiBoUSBPQOchE60_12.jpg

helmet.jpg

Re: 1:1 Thor Movie Costume (WIP) pics added 1-14-2012

That's amazing how much did the arms set u back darth said he wasn't going to do the arms unless he had the Numbers or coin so can imagine were expensive =s

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back