1/1 Scratchbuild of LT. Jerry Mouse's Egg Carton Plane, as seen on the Tom & Jerry short "The Yankee Doodle Mouse" (1943)

nightsnotover

I placed 3rd in the Miscellaneous category for it at NJ IPMS Mosquitocon 31.

NOTE: That Jerry toy is just a funny prop.

Yankee Doodle Mouse.png

20230401_035648.jpg

For reference:
Tom and Jerry (1940) - S1940E11 - The Yankee Doodle Mouse (1080p BluRay x265 Ghost).mkv_202301...png
Tom and Jerry (1940) - S1940E11 - The Yankee Doodle Mouse (1080p BluRay x265 Ghost).mkv_202301...png

Last edited:
nightsnotover,
Never saw this clever Tom & Jerry airplane cartoon. I like the light bulb bombs. Think I see cat head “kill symbols” on your egg crate fuselage.
Years ago as a kid, I recall the Felix the Cat black & white cartoons. One theme was a bomber under attack with him holding wings and engines from flying apart all four paws & his tail. Basically a cat in a large X position. Could not find the cartoon for you to use as a guide for your next entry. Perhaps you can.

Think I see cat head “kill symbols” on your egg crate fuselage.
You're correct, that's my only real flourish to the original design other than adding those egg dividers. I thought it was rather appropriate as it's from a WW2 short. In retrospect, I should have made them nine instead of five... with cats having nine lives and all.

1680916143225.png

And I couldn't find the Felix the Cat short you were talking about but I did find this one:

Last edited:
Thanks for the full length cartoon. As an old time pilot of wood & fabric aircraft, I enjoyed it.

I will keep looking for the WW2 bomber pilot Felix the Cat cartoon. I know it’s out there. Twin engine bomber similar to the German He 111 was used. Great analogy on what it takes to keep complex things together. If you do come across that one, please send it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back