1:1 scale Lara Croft / A. Jolie WIP

RavenMorgoth

Hi guys
Just started life size bust of Lara Croft (A.Jolie), still long way ahead to finish, arms and hands holding guns still to sculpt.
Im using chavant clay and wondering is there any other good way to smooth it? :confused
So far I'm warming it up with heat gun and smoothing with my tools.
Its a hard work!

tombr2.jpg

tombr3.jpg

tombr1.jpg

You may consider raking the surface with your rake tools.
This will even out the surface and then with a sponge and some turps wipe down and smooth the figure.
Its cool to see life size sculpted figures!

Start out with a rough(large) rake and work you way down to a fine rake.

Be well,
Daniel

Just a bit of update. Still long way to finish.
No brows and eyelashes. But I managed to fit in glass eyes and still working on a proper shape!
Unfortunately I have to do my "normal" Job and can work on the sculpture only during the weekends.
Any critiques welcome :)
Thank you.

la1.jpg

la2.jpg

la5.jpg

la3.jpg

And one of Lara's pistols

pis.jpg

I don't know what your day job is - but this is what you SHOULD be doing.

If you don't mind an extra set of eyes, might I suggest that the lips, though really perfectly sculpted, might be a BIT too big? Perhaps it's the angle of the photos, but they seem to eclipse her chin.

Also, depending on your plans for the finished work, you may wish to sculpt it without hair or clothing, mannequin-style. If you do raw castings, I'll bet there would be people here willing to buy one to do a 1:1 display, and a real wig would kill on this thing.

One more thing...don't make the rack any bigger. If I can be a chauvinist pig for a second - Jolie has an absurdly well-formed rack, but they're not ginormous. She was made to wear a crazy waterbra for the first film, and she hated it. On the sequel, her assets are her own, and when she shows up in the wetsuit at the top of Cradle of Life, there's very much a "Why did anyone think that woman needed HELP?!" thing going on. If you sculpt her in a "natural" state, she becomes a bit more customizable.

Love what you've done so far - and as I said, the lip thing might just be a condition of the photography - so feel free to not listen to anything I say! :D

Thank you Deathstalker II.
Well, Im thinking of to do that actually - I wonder how she would look like when cast in silicone with punched hair and real black vest on and black bagpack.
I will probably do an full size whole body statue of her later on (if Im lucky!) so that may be a good idea to get rid of sculpted hair and clothes.
Anyway Im trying to resculpt a bit of lips, cheeks etc.
Problem Is Angie looks different on every picture and Im heading for Lara Croft's look in Cradle of Life movie.

:)

I decided to go with bald Lara Croft, to be able to cast her in silicone with punched hair and real clothes on.
So far I made some re sculpting of her face and added up fake eyelashes to see if her eyes had the right shape.
Tomorrow I'm going to start to sculpt her arms.
Wish me luck!:confused
By the way photos are taken with my phone and it has tendency to stretch the pictures.

angel2.jpg

ang3.jpg

Hi,
You had smoothing questions earlier. I sculpt with Chavant, and find that Citronella is great-any kind of orange oil-based cleaner, whether it is for tiki torches or removing gum from carpets, this kind of cleanser will really smooth chavant well.

Her face looks identical to the lifecast of her. Did you start with a clay cast version?

A friend of mine collect loads of life masks, and amongst them he happens to have one of A.Jolie, so yes I did helped myself with clay cast just to capture her feature - anyway this life mask shows no emotions, as muscles are relaxed.
I had to re sculpt her cheeks and lips. Also her eyes had to be sculpted open as well.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back