1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Yea, I don’t know why, they just spoke to me lol. I “C” gives it a bit of a “starfighter” feel that for a freighter just limits the available(and already limited) usable viewing area.
The other two seem more “Falconish” or inspired and look like logical changes in models or updates maybe?

LOL! Again, your choices were so very different and that's what I liked. It caused me to stand back and think...

The "concept" ship I'm thinking will be a "YT-300" variant. It would have been built a good 50-100 years before the 1300. It's going to have very similar lines as the MF just very old. I'm coming up with a origin / back story for the ship now. :)

Hi Gang,

OK... so the CNC is NOT going to be ready for quite some time. So no Nav Computer until then. UGH... With all this extra free time I wasn't really sure what direction to go in. I chatted with our buddy Brian from "The Smuggler's Room" and he got me thinking about doing another full scale cockpit. Although that was always the plan I started thinking about Joe Johnston's cockpit sketches from "The Star Wars Sketchbook". I LOVE those images!

Brian and I shared a few ideas and he really but a fire under my butt to create my own SW YT style cockpit based very heavily on the Johnston sketches. I love the idea! But with all things there is a catch. I want to start small so I can work out all the details before going full scale. So my thought is this... A 1/6th scale cockpit based on the original Johnston sketches mixed with my own design elements. If it works... we go full scale!

I've already started messing around with the front window idea!View attachment 1030507

What do you guys think? :)
I like A and G...for increased viewing port. However I had a different idea, how about the cockpit of the Outrider? we have seen interpretations of the YT-2700 freighter, but they always seem a little off from what that ship should be: a souped-up newer MF, so....ow about it? The Outrider!!

Hi Gang,

I FINALLY got around to actually working in the shop AND creating a new video. And of course... Summer is here and I'm sure some of you know what it's like working in hazy, hot and humid weather - UGH! ;)

Anywho, the vid is from last week so there is MUCH MORE going on with this project. Also, another video is coming highlighting another con! Lot's of good stuff from that show!

Episode 19: The YT-300 Concept Cockpit

More to Follow!

Last edited:
I like A and G...for increased viewing port. However I had a different idea, how about the cockpit of the Outrider? we have seen interpretations of the YT-2700 freighter, but they always seem a little off from what that ship should be: a souped-up newer MF, so....ow about it? The Outrider!!

Hey BK,

HMMMMM... The Outrider? The idea of the window of the YT-300 is to be a flat, plain looking cockpit. The Outrider has the basic look and feel of the original MF but it does have those interesting beams coming out the sides. I can do a concept window and see how it looks? :)

Hey BK,

HMMMMM... The Outrider? The idea of the window of the YT-300 is to be a flat, plain looking cockpit. The Outrider has the basic look and feel of the original MF but it does have those interesting beams coming out the sides. I can do a concept window and see how it looks? :)
Please do! I understand your YT-300 idea, but I was just hoping I could bring you into the Outrider camp hehehehehehe :p

Hi Gang,

Just a quick glimpse into this weekend's activities! Vid on the way! :)

IMG_20190707_154300_zpsnvmrv2al.jpg

IMG_20190705_145432_zpsyd6ivqzl.jpg

IMG_20190705_145502_zps5xxgljte.jpg

More to Follow so Stay Tuned!

Anywho, the vid is from last week so there is MUCH MORE going on with this project. Also, another video is coming highlighting another con! Lot's of good stuff from that show!

Rather off topic, I know, but what's the music on that video. In particular I was trying to identify the pipe that plays at the start - I used to play the penny whistle for a while & really like what I'm hearing in this track.

Rather off topic, I know, but what's the music on that video. In particular I was trying to identify the pipe that plays at the start - I used to play the penny whistle for a while & really like what I'm hearing in this track.

Hey MV,

The music I use is from the YouTube Music Library. I can't remember the exact name but it's DEF in their library for content creators.

Aaah, the YT-A /RAGE.

One of the first post prop proto proton perpetuals. Very cool!

Can still hear the rumble, like a thousand angry Merlins in chorus.

If we're coming up with names for the YT-300 I kind of like:

Momentous

or

Momentous Rage!

I'm sure you all have some great ideas? :)

W... you just hurt my brain. Again! ;)

The writing was on the wall, well, inside top front canopy.

(third pic down lol)

But obviously it's running on the Alpha Particle-Type / Rutherford Atom Accumulating re-Generating Equilibria-engine ....Or, RAGE for ummm short :D

Last edited:
Hi Gang,

Just a quick update to the YT-300 Cockpit Build! I am still editing the next video and have a ton of new pics and vids from this weekend's adventures! I'll catch up eventually! ;)

But here are a few images from the past few weeks! Enjoy!

Added filler and another layer of skin to the window
IMG_20190713_113844_zpsslbrqwto.jpg

IMG_20190713_113854_zpss0jcz36i.jpg

Lots of trimming to do
IMG_20190713_113904_zps0z03xxvo.jpg

IMG_20190713_113908_zpsdntk0qun.jpg

The canopy gets another layer of skin
IMG_20190713_115031_zpsfcoxw9lw.jpg

IMG_20190713_115037_zpsrqc5eiqe.jpg

Oh yeah... and did I mention filler?
IMG_20190713_115040_zpszki2erwo.jpg

IMG_20190713_140101_zpsybz5xlki.jpg

IMG_20190713_162355_zpscvaxeuhk.jpg

Sneak peak...
IMG_20190721_130435_zpstheudndp.jpg

IMG_20190721_130609_zpsqlwabzne.jpg

IMG_20190721_144313_zpsldbfo1fh.jpg

More to follow so stay tuned! New vid on the way!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back