1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Can I show this here?

Attachments

• IMG_20190605_214038080.jpg
    IMG_20190605_214038080.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 231
Hi Gang,

OK... so the CNC is NOT going to be ready for quite some time. So no Nav Computer until then. UGH... With all this extra free time I wasn't really sure what direction to go in. I chatted with our buddy Brian from "The Smuggler's Room" and he got me thinking about doing another full scale cockpit. Although that was always the plan I started thinking about Joe Johnston's cockpit sketches from "The Star Wars Sketchbook". I LOVE those images!

Brian and I shared a few ideas and he really but a fire under my butt to create my own SW YT style cockpit based very heavily on the Johnston sketches. I love the idea! But with all things there is a catch. I want to start small so I can work out all the details before going full scale. So my thought is this... A 1/6th scale cockpit based on the original Johnston sketches mixed with my own design elements. If it works... we go full scale!

I've already started messing around with the front window idea!
Concept Window 01.jpg

What do you guys think? :)

I like F & I for the increased viewing area.

Maybe not A & D. The old Edsel motor car design comes to mind. Wasn't popular back in the '50s for various reasons.
Reminds me of Munch's 'the scream' o_O

I have to say, I like F too. It would be nice to see the ground when landing a huge spaceship with a severely offset cockpit.

I like F & I for the increased viewing area.

Maybe not A & D. The old Edsel motor car design comes to mind. Wasn't popular back in the '50s for various reasons.
Reminds me of Munch's 'the scream' o_O

Hey D,

It's funny... I LOVE the Edsel look and feel of the window. It might be out of place but I do like it. I do agree that the window needs maximum viewing. Unlike the original Falcon, this window is going to be flat - no scallops or funny shaped panels.

I have to say, I like F too. It would be nice to see the ground when landing a huge spaceship with a severely offset cockpit.

Hey P,

Thanks for the input. I did laser cut that exact window over the weekend (vid coming). But I'm really beginning to lean toward Options E and J. Not sure why... ;)

Hi Gang,

Didn't have too much time to play the past few weeks. As I mentioned, I forgot how much time is taken up after buying a new home. LOTS of unforeseen "To Do's" pop up. But I'm getting there... However,
I designed and cut 2 concept windows over the weekend along with another VERY important cockpit part. I'm hoping this project turns out to be a LOT of fun and let's see if I actually finish it! ;)

The video and images should be ready this evening!

Hey S,

WOW... 3 VERY different designs. Thanks for the input!

Yea, I don’t know why, they just spoke to me lol. I “C” gives it a bit of a “starfighter” feel that for a freighter just limits the available(and already limited) usable viewing area.
The other two seem more “Falconish” or inspired and look like logical changes in models or updates maybe?

Hi Gang,

Just a quick sneak peak at the weekend's activities!

EDIT: Not sure why only ONE image popped up?

More to follow so stayed tuned! :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back