1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Hi Gang,

It is with deep sadness I let you all know that we will not be attending this years Museum of Science Fiction / Escape Velocity Con. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we were all very disappointed we will not be able to meet those attending. There are still several conventions coming up and we hope we'll be able to see all of you soon!

Hi Gang,

I'm introducing a new video series called "A Junkie Quick Fix". The vids will be 1-2 min long giving you quick highlights of Conventions, current builds, etc... I will, of course, continue posting images to the forum, creating more Episodes and building SW related props and most important... having fun! :)

Enjoy!

More to Follow

Wait. You still have the time to make short videos, and on a regular basis?!

Note to myself: build lifesize MF cockpit. Reason: Chick. Magnet. But be careful. It may be a !ATTENTION: adult oriented Star Wars themed word play!
booby
trap!

Hey D,

No... I do not have time to make short vids, works on kits, make regular vids and go to a regular 9-5 job. But I make it happen! ;)

Also... I have some bad news for you. This build/project has been the single greatest repellant I've ever sprayed on me... EVER! lol

Last edited:
Your cockpit certainly gets around Sofa (and deservedly so)! I wish someone here on the Old World side of the pond would put one together, following in the trail you have blasted it should be doable.

Your cockpit certainly gets around Sofa (and deservedly so)! I wish someone here on the Old World side of the pond would put one together, following in the trail you have blasted it should be doable.

Hey FF,

I would love nothing more than to be able to bring the cockpit and other related props across the pond. I think we would all have a great time geeking out!

However, I believe there is someone in your neck of the woods who has built a TFA version of the cockpit. I'm not sure if its on public display but one does exist. :)

Hi Gang,

Just a quick heads up... I am moving to the new house and will more than likely be out of pocket for a few weeks. I am TRYING to get two more vids finished and I'll post few images posted of last weeks progress to include images from the latest con. After that... I will be a bit covered up.

It's been a crazy few months but hopefully things will get back to normal soon! Thanks again for all your continued support!

Hi Gang,

Just a quick heads up... I am moving to the new house and will more than likely be out of pocket for a few weeks. I am TRYING to get two more vids finished and I'll post few images posted of last weeks progress to include images from the latest con. After that... I will be a bit covered up.

It's been a crazy few months but hopefully things will get back to normal soon! Thanks again for all your continued support!

Good luck with all that. Moving is often pretty horrible, so hope it goes as well as it can.

Hi Gang,

Time for that "BLAST FROM THE PAST" post. Hard to believe this is where we were 6 YEARS AGO!

20130524_154752_zpsb4122666.jpg

20130524_154708_zps398079ec.jpg

20130524_154659_zps36631092.jpg

20130524_164618_zps7ef1be6e.jpg

More to Come!

Wow, you'll be done in no time! Oh wait... :)

About the fridge, you could always get a mini-fridge to tide you over and then when the appliances arrive, use it at the workshop.

Hi Gang,

I am back! I am finally moved in to the new house and everything is mostly up and running... mostly. I was even able to finish up Ep 18 Part III

I haven't been to the shop in quite a while so it will be fun to get back to work and start building again!

Nice to have you back! That stand turned out great.

Thanks, LtW! Moving is NEVER fun... especially when its 96 degrees! But it's nice to be back. Time to get back to building full scale stuff!

OH! I wound up buying a smaller fridge. Not sure where I'll keep it now that the full size fridge is in place. The shop already has a fridge... I figure something out. ;)

It so nice to see the time and care the designers took into recreating the Falcon! The exterior ship is beautiful!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Hi Gang,

OK... So here's what's going on. As you all know I've been working on all these 1/4 and 1/6 scale projects to fill time since the cockpit is away in Dallas. As much fun as these scaled down projects have been I am officially switching gears and getting back to the FULL SCALE stuff! After much thought, the 1/4 scale cockpit I am currently working on, is getting boxed up and going to someone, within the RPF community, we all trust and admire! As much as I would like to finish it, I really want to get back to the full scale projects. PLEASE don't think of my handing the 1/4 scale off as quitting. I will be working VERY closely with this person all along the way and I know the 1/4 scale cockpit will be in safe and capable hands! More on this later.

With that said, I want to finish up the 1/4 Scale Nav Computer. "... But Sofa, you said you were switching gears..." Yes, I did say that, IZZY!!! Thank you for mentioning that... ;) As of this writing I am waiting for the 1/4 scale Nav Com decals to be printed and a few 3D printed greeblies to be delivered so I can add them to the model and then... it's done. But why finish the 1/4 Nav Com? The 1/4 scale is prep for the FULL SCALE screen accurate Nav Computer I am planning on building! I am currently taking all the files for the 1/4 Scale Nav Com and scaling them back up.

Izzy and I will still be offering up the 1/6 and 1/4 scale consoles and cockpit kits but it's time for "me" personally to get back to what I love doing! Full Scale Builds! Also, the cockpit MIGHT be coming back home but we'll save that for another / future conversation. :)

So that's where we are...

More to Follow!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back